Author Topic: Watches  (Read 16345 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Watches
« on: February 11, 2007, 01:44:02 AM »
A great watch will often scream "success" at those who see you wearing it.  Though, not everyone can afford to pay, or wants to pay, the big money for the big names; ie Rolex, Omega, Brietling, etc.  So, for those of you that would like to wear a nice watch that will scream success to others, but not cause you to scream for blowing your savings, I'd like to introduce you to some watches that will do just that.

Klaus Kobec

I love this brand of watches.  They make really great watches that look great.  They are simple, elegant, and best of all, they are built to last.

Here are some of my favorites from this brand (You can click on their photos to learn more):

Destiny - made with a ceramic band and costs around $340

Couture - there are a variety of bands and faces with this style.  I've included 3 pictures of my favorite.  They caost around $190.

Invicta

I learned about this brand of watches from a buddy of mine that can afford most any watch he wants.  He said that this is one of his favorite brands of watch and gets a ton of comments on them when he wears them.

Speedway Chronograph - This watch is a classic style chronograph that looks superb for only $120 t0 $150.

Lupah Dragon Chronograph
- This is a very modern and stylish style of watch that can both dress up and dress down.  Cost around $170

So, there you go.  I hope this helps you out.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 01:58:41 AM by Tyler »

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Watches
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 05:36:38 AM »
i wear a CITIZEN ECO DRIVE Sky Hawk model. it has the Blue Angels insignia on the back. sorry i don't have a picture.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline CarlosMIS

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 09:51:55 PM »
I had at one point... when I was rich and handsome...

The Cartier "Santos"
Sincerely Bald,
Carlos

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 02:36:25 AM »
This is one weird post!
Tyler, are you gettin' paid to advertise or what?!!  ???

I like pimp watches, (from Japan)  they're pretty cool,
although I don't wear one myself, they tend to pull out the tiny little hairs on
my arms  ;D
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 02:39:09 AM »
No, not getting paid to advertise (I wish!!) - though I am an affilliate of Amazon, so I do get paid if you click on the link and buy one.  I just really dig watches and thought I would pass on the info since I get so many complements on mine.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 02:43:17 AM »
No, not getting paid to advertise (I wish!!) - though I am an affilliate of Amazon, so I do get paid if you click on the link and buy one.  I just really dig watches and thought I would pass on the info since I get so many complements on mine.

okay, I'll buy one....
don't spose you could spot me a coupla hundred?!!  ;) >:D :-*
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 02:45:34 AM »

okay, I'll buy one....
don't spose you could spot me a coupla hundred?!!  ;) >:D :-*

Um, I do hope you mean dollars and not Euro.  Our dollar isn't fairing very well these days againt the Euro.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 02:47:22 AM »
No, we don't use the Euro.
I mean the good ol' Great British pound... ;)
(I just had an extremely wicked thought!! hehehe!!)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 02:49:58 AM »
No, we don't use the Euro.
I mean the good ol' Great British pound... ;)
(I just had an extremely wicked thought!! hehehe!!)

Oh yes!  I always make that mistake  :/O

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 02:54:40 AM »
Oh boy, you Brits are still holding on to the Pound?!
Come and join the rest of the European community and adopt the Euro. It's risky, it's wicked, it's exciting.
Come and join us....muahaha! ;D

Seriously now: Tyler, this is a great post. I found it quite useful. I'll probably have to buy a nice
watch one of these days (adding a little to my street cred). I really liked the Lupah Dragon Chronograph - very
nice and sophisticated...

As far as the Dollar is concerned: yes, it depreciates while the Euro grows stronger. And yet you guys in the US
can buy all kinds of stuff 30% cheaper than us Europeans.
So who's the winner and who's the loser? :(
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 02:57:21 AM »
Oh boy, you Brits are still holding on to the Pound?!
Come and join the rest of the European community and adopt the Euro. It's risky, it's wicked, it's exciting.

IT SUCKS!!!!   ;)

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 03:00:36 AM »
God, I just revisited the watch page at Amazon, and it says: "Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S."

I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU.......  ;)
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 03:07:01 AM »
God, I just revisited the watch page at Amazon, and it says: "Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S."

I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU.......  ;)

Just think how much more stuff you'll have access to if you move to Canada.

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 04:06:33 AM »
I'll stick to my $30 Timex.  I'm hard on watches. 
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 07:40:28 AM »
Since cell phones have clocks, I now usually don't wear a watch. But when I do, I have a Citizen quartz my wife gave me a few yrs ago that is awesome (gorgeous watch w/o the huge pricetag...$200 I think). For running, I have some huge sports watch (I think it's a Reebok faceplate with Casio guts) that does split times, heart rate, pace calculation, stock quotes, brews coffee, and my horoscope in 13 languages, including Pig latin for IgPay EnPay (PigPen).

Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.