Author Topic: Will I look ill?  (Read 3602 times)

Offline Oosh

• Learning the way of Sly
Will I look ill?
« on: March 23, 2009, 11:55:28 AM »
Well after months of months of hiding my receeding hairline with a giant fringe i read the forum here and decided to shave it down to a #2.

Now i'm curious about lopping it all off, but the problem I have is that I have pretty fair skin so i'm worried that it's just going to make me look ill, i've also still got a lil acne left over so redness+white around the dome is making me think i'll look like a clown.

Looking at all your pictures here you all seem to be pretty tanned or atleast have somekind of colour in you.  Did any of you shave it off before having a tan?

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
Re: Will I look ill?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 12:20:15 PM »
I have gotten a few cancer jokes thrown my way... but largely by ppl I consider idiots...
I have a dark shadow so it is pretty apparent that I am not under going kemo.
3 things that will counter the cancer theory/illness theory
getting a tan.
growing a goatee/beard
having dark pronounced eyebrows.

don't know if that helps.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 12:34:34 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Oosh!

Jergens Natural Tanning Lotion will help with that problem...............
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 01:20:28 PM »
Welcome m8. Havent seen a guy who looks bad sly yet. Go for it
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Oosh

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 01:38:41 PM »
Oh of course fake tan, I dont know why I didn't think of that, maybe because you can usually tell when it's fake or not.

But! I do have pretty dark and prominent eyebrows so perhaps it won't be as bad as I think.  I'll shave and give the 30 day rule a try then see how it turns out!

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 01:40:22 PM »
Oh of course fake tan, I dont know why I didn't think of that, maybe because you can usually tell when it's fake or not.

But! I do have pretty dark and prominent eyebrows so perhaps it won't be as bad as I think.  I'll shave and give the 30 day rule a try then see how it turns out!

Excellent m8. Post up a pic soon
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 01:45:37 PM »
When I first shaved my head, it was in the middle of winter. Yeah, it was a little pale, but it didn't take long for the dome to get some rays.

Just shave it and it won't take long. Plus, the boost in confidence will make it all worth it.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 01:52:29 PM »
Just getting everyday sun will even out the color in probably a week or so.  Leave off the beanie and just get alittle natural sun. 
And shaving is great for your head skin. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 03:41:47 PM »
Well, except for my wife, I've gotten maybe two of those cancer remarks.  And with all due respect to those who have dealt with that challenge, the best answer was given to me here early on, "Cancer, no, it's Libra [or your birth sign if not Cancer] actually."  Result in the two instances I got to do that line was a really good laugh from the person. 

Wash your face and head often w/ an anti-acne soap, I use Cuticura, and use some 10% benzoyl peroxide gel, you'll have clear skin in about two weeks.  You'll look better than before you shaved.  Also, get a loofa pad, not the sponge, and use that with your soap to clear the dry skin and oil from your skin. 

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 04:16:13 PM »
Welcome aboard, Oosh.  Good to have you here.  You will note all sorts of skin tones, eye color, and complexions in this collection of good-lookin' shiny heads.  The upside of shaving it off is that it works for us all.  Glad to hear you're giving it a try.  The color up top evens out pretty quickly.  DO NOT burn (which will be easy to do) your melon.  That is NOT the way to SLYdom.   ;)
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 05:22:15 PM »
Dude, I'm of French-Canadian heritage and I'm as pale as they come. No biggie.

Offline Oosh

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 12:40:50 PM »
Took it all off and to be honest i'm already loving it!

I wont post a picture quite yet because i've got more spots than i thought around the dome so hoping they clear up within the next couple days.  Cheers for helping me take the jump and do it guys  :@`

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 01:10:45 PM »
Cool beans! Post a photo as soon as you are able.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 04:39:35 PM »
Welcome Oosh and congrats on joining the world of the sly. O0
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

flatdave

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 03:24:51 PM »
Welcome oosh, you made the right choice.  With spring upon us, it won't be long before the noggin shade matches the rest of you.

Enter your email address: