Author Topic: does anyone ever still have days when they get bummed out about their hairloss?  (Read 11491 times)

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
Once I shaved my head, I no longer worried about it.  Hair just wasn't a concern for me anymore.

Offline ldrider51

• Sly Jr.
Nope, not a bit.

Don't really give a crap and since I've gone full sly, I love my clean, shiny, shaved noggin look.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
Never have been bothered. 8)  Most times I sorta feel sorry for guys who have hair! :D

I LOVE being bald 8)

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
I have been down about my hairloss before I shaved. Not really now...now I wish I had even less hair so I had no shadow. Not because I am hiding it...just because the smoother the better! If any hair dares to even grow on my head I lay the smack down with my Mach 3 !
Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Do I miss having hair? Well, that depends....
If it were a full head of hair, a little.
If it were a horseshoe with the irritating & painful itching that came with sebhorreic dermatitis...HELL NO.

SLY FOR LIFE.  O:O

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

marty22

At 55 Ive finally recovered from lack of hair. Like 30 years overdue.

Offline oldkookskater

• Sly Jr.
Not since I started shaving my head.  My wife doesn't like the 'stubble' at the end of the day, or after 1 day of growth, which I don't blame her. 

I only wish the shadow would go away and the hair wouldn't grow out so quickly.
rob

Offline Lex Luethor

• Sly Jr.
  • This *is* my happy face.
The only regret I have is that I'm not the bald guy in my high school yearbook. He was cool ahead of his time.

marty22

dear oldkook: laser????

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
Ghost, sorry its like super late, but here is my opinion on the matter!

I used to get real bummed about my hair, I would wear a hat from the moment i got out of bed to the second before I got into it, I would hide and be all shy about it!

But since my last time on the SBG site I had a bit of a break through......I love being bald! Its a thing that really sets you apart from other people because no one has the balls to do what we do and take the plunge!

Added to the fact at my old job I got a tonne of head rubs and compliments......not to mention nicknames, I am pretty cool with the hairloss thing!

I am not saying I wont have days where I am like "aww, I miss my hair", but for 98% of the time, I rock the head with pride!!

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
Hey Wil87 bro, thank you for sharing that info.  I'm sooooo happy things are going great for you in
your sly world.   O0  Congrats bro.   

Offline Ftank

• Sly Jr.
I know hair loss can be painful.  When I first excepted that I would one day be bald I went bezerk.  I rushed on meds and that was a mistake for me.  So far I am feeling more liberated now that I am sly.  I am excepting it and I am curious how dating will work out being bald.  I am not really sure how it will go.  But embracing the baldness has helped a lot rather than try to fight it.

I know it is extra hard for you because you are only 20.  The first time I shaved my head I was 26 and it made me feel like people were staring at me and laughing at the young bald guy so I became insecure and grew it back fast.  Now I am 28 and have shaved again and I am feeling much better about it.  Either I don't notice the looks from others now or the fact that I am happier about it has really improved my life.

I would work on what you can control.  There is just no point in focusing on hair going away because it can make you so unhappy if you let it.  I would focus on healthy eating and hitting the gym.  Keeping a well carved goatee like you have and a positive attitude.  Do everything you can to not beat yourself up about this because it is not worth it.  Best wishes.

Frank