Author Topic: tight clipper shave  (Read 9421 times)

Offline clipped

• Sly
tight clipper shave
« on: February 13, 2009, 11:46:09 PM »
Hi. I am still a clipper shaver, moving tighter more ferquently. This morning I visited my barber prior to a business trip. I told him to "shave the top down all the way and go really tight all around." I have sparse MPB top. This is probably the shortest haircut I've had while not on vacation. He got the top down to basically nothing with an edger. He said the top was 0 and the sides were with the blade "almost closed all the way".  It looks great and encourages me to keep it clipper shaved real tight all the time myself.  I have a several day business meeting, so it'll be interesting to see if there are any comments from colleagues.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: tight clipper shave
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 10:13:01 AM »
Sounds like a Marine Corps. High and Tight.

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 10:16:35 AM »
Hi. I am still a clipper shaver, moving tighter more ferquently. This morning I visited my barber prior to a business trip. I told him to "shave the top down all the way and go really tight all around." I have sparse MPB top. This is probably the shortest haircut I've had while not on vacation. He got the top down to basically nothing with an edger. He said the top was 0 and the sides were with the blade "almost closed all the way".  It looks great and encourages me to keep it clipper shaved real tight all the time myself.  I have a several day business meeting, so it'll be interesting to see if there are any comments from colleagues.

That's all I do clipped. I love keeping my head looking like I shaved 4 days ago. I like to shave it once in a while too (wanted to say that before the SBG posse kicks my ass) lol

Cool man. Throw up a pic!!!
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 11:36:12 AM »
Report back with the comments. I bet they're all positive.  O0
The next time you're on a vacation you've got to try the no hair look.
If you're liking what you see now, you'll be even more pleased with a completely hair-free head.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 11:38:46 AM by BaldBen »

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline ChromeDomeJohn

• Solid like Barack!
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 12:11:25 PM »
I think that subconsciously; you must be dying to shave clean.  You should try it on a weekend;  by Monday it will surely be grown in to what you have now (except you will probably shave it Monday Morning).

That super closetight  MPB look is a good one though.  My top maybe Just as thin as yours; (very high hairline; but there is still a light 'velcro' feel across the top after 18 hrs or so; much more 'sandpapery' on the sides/back, of course) .

And yeah;  do get a pic up.  We all want to see this tight mpb look; and see how close it is to a smooth shaven look.

John

Offline jc71corvette

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 08:11:03 PM »
yeah i love it when you shave with the blade and 4 days later its like you clipped it all.

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 07:30:28 AM »
I use to wear mine that way years and years ago before I started shaving daily.  I used to go in to the PX and barber and tell him to peel me down to the bone with no guard. I use to grow that out to  a horseshoe flat top halp the time and them shave it slick for the field. Eventually, I just kept it completely slick.  Years ago, PX(Army and Air Force) barbers would not do full lather headshaves.  They would razor shave the sides, back and crown of your head for a high and tight horseshoe flat, etc