Author Topic: What do you think  (Read 6876 times)

GASlick

Re: What do you think
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 09:28:04 PM »
I can't grow facial hair either.  I try to grow a goatee every once in a while.  My wife makes it subtly know that she hates it.  She loves my smooth dome though.

The goat does look good with a slick head.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 01:39:03 AM »
You'll definitely pull it off, and don't worry about the facial hair... total smoothness is a good look too.  Moms are a tough one; I think they will always look at us as their little boys, and now you'll look even more like a man than you already do.  Someday you'll give her a grandkid, and then she'll forget all about you, or at least your hair.   :*))
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 07:59:42 AM »
Hey Whisker!

You look fine as you are and you'll look fine bald as well.

You have got the itch to shave the dome, so you should do it.  You'll never know whether you want to keep the look permanently unless you have the look at least for a short while.  The 30 day scenario suggested frequently on this Board is a good guide. 

And can the excuses:  you can pull it off, the young guys on the Board are telling you that the young babes are liking the look, and as was mentioned above you're mom doesn't consult you about her haircut.  Or does she? ::)

Give it a try.

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 09:12:13 AM »
A really tight buzz cut will look great on you and so would shaved. If you shave and don't like it, it'll be a tight buzz look in less than a week. As for the ladies... it's all about confidence my friend. You're a good lookin dude and will continue to be with or without hair.

I actually attract a lot more women since shaving my head (I buzz it down to the bone most of the time now - stubble). I think it has to be the confidence I have knowing that I no longer have a patchy bad hair style. Also, it was tough for me to have confidence and keep eye contact with the ladies and people in general when all I could think about was how my hair looked. If you're the least bit self-conscious about your hair then shave it off. No hair feels much better than bad hair.

---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline whiskerbiscuit

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 09:14:57 AM »
A really tight buzz cut will look great on you and so would shaved. If you shave and don't like it, it'll be a tight buzz look in less than a week. As for the ladies... it's all about confidence my friend. You're a good lookin dude and will continue to be with or without hair.

I actually attract a lot more women since shaving my head (I buzz it down to the bone most of the time now - stubble). I think it has to be the confidence I have knowing that I no longer have a patchy bad hair style. Also, it was tough for me to have confidence and keep eye contact with the ladies and people in general when all I could think about was how my hair looked. If you're the least bit self-conscious about your hair then shave it off. No hair feels much better than bad hair.

Packer fan?

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 09:33:09 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 Dear Whisker:
                                       Since you've got the itch,  go for it. You don't need the goat; your features and jawline will work well with a slick dome. As many of the guys can attest, the earlier in life you embrace the sly look, the happier you'll be. Some make the choice, reluctantly and under the pressure of the inevitable; others, with full heads of hair, make it for aesthetic reasons. Give it the 30-day trial. I have know of only one guy who decided to reverse his decision. Post a pic. All best, Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 09:41:57 AM »

Packer fan?

no
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline whiskerbiscuit

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 09:50:51 AM »

Packer fan?

no
Good

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 10:06:15 AM »

Packer fan?

no
Good

Agreed

Offline calbito

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 02:33:56 PM »
Can i pull it off?

Maybe but I think it would hurt a lot.  Better to use a razor.  ;D

Seriously you would look fine I'm sure. 

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 02:58:30 PM »

Packer fan?

no
Good

Agreed

monosyllabic conversations! yess!!!! haha. ;D

Dude, go for it. There are women out there (I started shaving when I was 20, im 22 now) our age that love the bald cut, whether it be shaved or buzzed. I met my wife because of the shaved head. After you do it, its like a life-changing experience. Everything starts to change. Its an extremely masculine-looking cut, and with it you notice that your shoulders come back a little more, your back straightens a little more, and you become more brazen and bold. (sometimes for the worst.... >:D )

judging by your pictures, id say just go for it. give it a try. if you dont like it, your hairline isnt that bad so just grow it back.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Enter your email address: