Author Topic: Relatives reactions to shaving it off  (Read 27058 times)

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Relatives reactions to shaving it off
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2008, 09:04:59 PM »
Max, I think you should know that you like how you look and, sad to say, if your friends and family members dont dig it then that is their problem bro.

Keep it slick bald I say!

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2008, 09:44:50 PM »
Max - don't listen to your family regarding your slyness.  It looks great and you like it, so don't give it a second thought. 

Stay sly ...
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline cam_dvs32

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2008, 05:50:54 AM »
We had to attend a family gathering the other day... and the first such gathering since my slyness. And I was over the moon at the very first person to comment on my bald head... my 82 year old nana!!!!! She said it looked great and she loved it, as did other family members. But none 'cooler' than my nana!!!  ;)

Way cool Cam.  Just let someone get out of line about your appearance, and watch nana lay into them.  Gotta love old people (seasoned citizens) -- most speak their minds whether you like it or not, and in this case, she's definitely right.

Cheers Stu... yeah, she's a pretty cool ol' nana  :)

Offline 440satellite

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2008, 07:58:50 PM »
Had a cool experience this weekend too. 

Folks stopped by for the first time since I went sly.  The initial reaction was Wow, look at that!  Not negative but just trying to take it in.  About 1/2 hour later Ma walked up to me, stuck out her hand, ran it down the side of my head and said amazed "Huh, that's not what I expected, it's smooth."  Had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing.  Wanted badly to say "No Ma, it's Sllyyyy."   O:O

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2008, 08:17:47 PM »
Man, what a great reaction 440!   Cool they took it so well.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Southworth14

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2008, 04:45:09 AM »
My reactions have all been very positive.  I started turning grey in my 20's and it takes most time to realize that I have no hair.  I like it so well that I immediately considered laser but understand that it does not work on grey hairs.  So, the Mach III will continue to get a daily workout.

shakf

« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2008, 08:41:46 AM »
They're not very keen cos culturally it's not usually the done thing but hey if I relied upon their opinion for everything then I would not have my own personality.

Offline no1birdman

• No Jokes
  • Super Sly
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2008, 11:04:58 AM »
Hi, I still get a a lot of  negative reaction  even after 15 years, always from guys , but i no and they know that i no that i look better than them, just beleive in yourself.

Offline TheTrucker

• Super Sly
    • Knitting On The Road
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2008, 09:26:13 AM »
The first time my mother saw me shaved several years ago she was taken aback and demanded to know why I had done it. She hated it for a long time, but she's finally gotten used to it.
Mason

Linux: because a pc is a terrible thing to waste.

What do you mean guys don't knit????

Mike

« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2008, 11:49:10 AM »
I had bad MPB by the age of 23, only a hair ring left it seemed. I shaved it when I was out of town and when I got home my wife loved it. My brother made fun of me for it but like I told him, it makes me look younger and better, he has a skullet, long hair on the back and sides. My friends made bald jokes for a while but now I have 'converted' them and 3 of them shaved their heads.

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2008, 10:27:39 PM »
My friends made bald jokes for a while but now I have 'converted' them and 3 of them shaved their heads.

cool, 3 converted O0
btw, you rock the bald look!

Mike

« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2008, 08:09:47 AM »
When they made fun of my sly dome I would make fun of the toilet seat shaped hair ring on a couple of them or the shine that would come off of one of their heads even though they had a 'full' head of hair. All of them like it way better, we are thinking about going as the 4 blue men (added an extra) for halloween when we take the kids out, it'll be a blast.
 Thanks for the compliment, that is the only pic I could find of myself, its from last summer at my kids little league game but it works.

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2008, 08:45:57 AM »
haha. "the blue man group"   O0 great idea. Hope we got te see a picture of that.