Author Topic: Relatives reactions to shaving it off  (Read 27032 times)

Offline half-shaved

• Sly Jr.
Re: Relatives reactions to shaving it off
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 02:58:51 AM »
The first time I did it I was up in Detroit visiting family and my sis-in-law took me over to my moms apt. to take her computer back to her. Sis-in-law went in first and said, "Look who I found wandering the halls!" Mom thought I was the delivery boy bringing her computer to her and she couldn't quite understand what I was doing calling her "mom"...after a few minutes she figured it out (she's not exactly the swift one).

The second time was after the ex decided she wanted to be an ex. When I picked up my 2 year old son for my weekend, we went over to my folks house to visit. I got out dad's clippers and other items as well as a small trash pail. I gave the pail to my son to catch the hair as my step mom cut it all off. Then I got him to help me put the shaving creme on my head and rinse the razor for me. In short, I made him part of the operation so that he would accept it easier and it seems to have worked.

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2007, 04:08:07 AM »
My mama basically asked "Why is your head shiny?" when she saw it. We were having a heatwave that summer so I had that excuse. Eventually, she got used to it when I stopped clogging the sink every other morning.

Offline cs1solo

• Sly Jr.
    • resDeus
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2007, 01:40:20 PM »
It happens everytime I go to a family get-together.  The picture...  My grandmother (step) and her cronies all try to get the bald/balding men in a the family to have a group photo.  The first time was ok (only mildly annoyed) but after 3 years it happens every time we get together.  ENOUGH ALREADY GRANDMA!  WHY DON’T YOU GO PUT ANOTHER BUMPER STICKER ON YOUR CAR OR SOMETHING!

Offline Lullaby

• "I'm sorry sir, I'm going to have to break your legs" - Bas Rutten
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2007, 04:52:04 PM »
The first time I did it I was up in Detroit visiting family and my sis-in-law took me over to my moms apt. to take her computer back to her. Sis-in-law went in first and said, "Look who I found wandering the halls!" Mom thought I was the delivery boy bringing her computer to her and she couldn't quite understand what I was doing calling her "mom"...after a few minutes she figured it out (she's not exactly the swift one).

:*)) :*)) :*))  thats awesome!

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2007, 03:39:52 AM »
My nephew (same age as me) wouldn't even look at my head.  He would look into my eyes but not directly at the top of my head.  So finally I said, "Aren't you gonna say anything about my new haircut?".  All he said was, "Ya I heard you have some kind of virus.".  Then he changed the subject.
Another time...
My brother said "Did you get tired of hair".  I said "No, hair got tired of me".
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2007, 03:41:35 AM »
My nephew (same age as me) wouldn't even look at my head.  He would look into my eyes but not directly at the top of my head.  So finally I said, "Aren't you gonna say anything about my new haircut?".  All he said was, "Ya I heard you have some kind of virus.".  Then he changed the subject.
Another time...
My brother said "Did you get tired of hair".  I said "No, hair got tired of me".

Now that's good! O0 O0
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 03:43:18 AM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

KALBO

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2007, 07:05:08 AM »
So far only one negative from my family and she thinks she has veto power being my wife.   :-*

I'm receiving far more than 2/3 support on the positive reactions from everyone else!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2007, 09:05:39 AM »

...she thinks she has veto power...

:) :) :) :)

Offline CarlosMIS

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2007, 12:18:17 AM »
Mom: "OMG, you look so handsome"

Bro: (Navy Vet) "Wow I wish I would've done that"

Daughter 14: "Daddy Daddy you look real cool"

Son 21: "Are you going to kill mom?"

Ex-wife: "wow, you have a very nice head" (and you know I laugh my *ss off at that one)

Work: "can I touch it? uhm... I like it" (same reaction from me as above)

Sincerely Bald,
Carlos

Offline RuddyR

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2007, 11:05:03 AM »
i know my moms gonna be pretty pissed off when i eventually do it.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2007, 03:32:45 PM »
i know my moms gonna be pretty pissed off when i eventually do it.
Just do it, and realize that you mom is going to be happy as long as you are.  We got your Back Bro!  O0
Peace

KALBO

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2007, 04:38:39 PM »
Gave my brother a SBG shirt today and mentioned he should go SLY if he chose to wear it...sounds like he is going to take my advice and shave it all off this coming weekend!!!  8)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2007, 05:35:39 PM »
Gave my brother a SBG shirt today and mentioned he should go SLY if he chose to wear it...sounds like he is going to take my advice and shave it all off this coming weekend!!!  8)

AWESOME!!!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2007, 06:26:44 PM »

And that ladies and gentlemen is how the sly took over the world, one dome at a time! 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2007, 01:48:53 AM »

That's sweet bro!  I may have to do that to my brother this weekend. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: