Poll

FUSION OR HEADBLADE

FUSION
19 (51.4%)
HEADBLADE
18 (48.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON  (Read 4141 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 11:09:42 PM »
having only shaven my head twice (once yesterday and once today), I'm still experimenting, but i tried the headblade and the mach 3 and i found that for me, the headblade is faster and easier to use, but the mach 3 gives me a better shave.

Try different blades on the HeadBlade like either the atra or sensor blades.  They might give you a better shave than the Mach3
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Metch

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 12:25:51 PM »
having only shaven my head twice (once yesterday and once today), I'm still experimenting, but i tried the headblade and the mach 3 and i found that for me, the headblade is faster and easier to use, but the mach 3 gives me a better shave.

Try different blades on the HeadBlade like either the atra or sensor blades.  They might give you a better shave than the Mach3

thanks for the advice ill pick some up next time im at the store

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 10:12:59 PM »
Headblade is my weapon of choice for my head.  DE razor for the face.

same for me
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline ISurvived666

• Sly Guy in Training
  • OohRah!
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 09:24:43 PM »
I swore into The United States Marine Corps a couple of months ago. All of my recruiters and fellow Poolees have there heads shaved. So I decided to see what it will look like on June 22nd when I get to Parris Island for boot camp. I started by buzzing it completely. No gaurd. It came out good and I kept it that way for a week or so but I wasnt satisfied. So I took my Schick Quattro Titanium to it! It did the job. In fact it was better then I expected for my first shave. The blades on the Titanium are held together by wires. One broke and I cut the crap out of my head. So I decided to buy a new razor without these evil omen like wires. Thus the Fusion. I bought the powered version thinking it would help. WRONG! I never cut myself with the titanium till the wire broke. But everytime I try to use the power option of the Fusion I dig gashes into my forehead. (Thus the remake of The Omen that was released in 2007) Using the Fusion without the power on works great! I got maybe 1 nick after that! Most likely my own fault. Then I saw it. The almighty HeadBlade. I have heard storys but I always thought they were old wise tales told to me as a kid. My recruiter suggested I try it out. So I stoped by my local RiteAid and payed the $12 for the HeadBlade sport and the $8 for Headslick. My first try wasnt good at all. I cut my head worse then ever. (Sneek peek at The Omen... again releasing in 3019) HORRIBLE! But I thought I would try it again. I dont want to waste the money and never use it again. So I feel the cool tingle of HeadSlick again. And again I also feel the pain of cuts and the cooling of blood dripping. Again I assume its user error. I will continue to try and try again. Hopefully there will never be a remake of the horrible film... I mean pain of cuts and nicks. I dont know I might have to try something new. Any suggestions? :D
From the halls of Montezuma,
To the shores of Tripoli;
We will fight our country's battles
In the air, on land, and sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
Of United States Marine.

parksie

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 10:46:37 PM »
a few options you might want to make sure your doing
1.  Get the hair on the head wet.. The hotter the water the better to soften the hair
2.  Use an exfoliator Like headshead or st i'ves appricot scrub.. blemish and blackhead control
3.  A shaving oil will sometimes work a popular one is shave secret it can be bought at walmart.
4.  You are already using head slick so that is a good shave gel I wouldnt change that habbit.
5.  Try shaving in the shower.
6.  If you are using the triple blade that has come with the headblade you might want to go to a double blade such as an atra/or a generic atra.  The persona brand that walmart carries makes a 2 blade atra clone its possible to get 10 of these blades for under 4.00.  The other blade that is used with the headblade using the black adapter is the gilletter sensor excel. 
7.  Remember when you are using the headblade to not put any pressure on the "blade" part of it It is okay to put pressure towards the back by the wheels but do not do up front you cut yourself almost everytime.

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 12:08:04 AM »
Headblade on the noggin, Fusion on my face....
ditto

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 11:09:46 PM »
After trying my Headblade again after a 6-month layoff and then officially tossing it in the trash, I vote for the Mach 3 Nitro all the way! 

"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght