Author Topic: Red Patches on Scalp  (Read 7323 times)

Offline nrfuller

• Learning the way of Sly
Red Patches on Scalp
« on: January 30, 2009, 01:07:05 PM »
Hey folks, I'm not sure if this question belongs in the "grooming" section or not, but since there wasn't really a better place for it- I decided to try asking it here and hope for the best.

Basically I've got dandruff (which is the ultimate irony since I'm also bald) and I'm trying to find a shampoo that is strong enough to fight that dandruff without causing redness of the scalp. I've been using a medicated shampoo which works well and is great for guys with hair because the scalp redness doesn't show. But I don't have hair (or much hair anyhow) and so the redness caused by this shampoo is quite evident.

Can anyone out there recommend a shampoo that's strong enough to fight dandruff, but not SO strong that it leaves a redness? That redness does fade after a few days but it's so evident in those few days that it's not really worth it. What I'd really like to find is something that fights dandruff and doesn't harm the scalp, etc. If there's anything like that out there and anyone knows about it, I'd really love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone may have!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Red Patches on Scalp
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 02:39:09 PM »
Well you will find that many who had dandruff with their hair, that once they shaved, the dandruff took care of it's self.  I never had dandruff so Im not sure what the time frame is after shaving that it took care of itself.  I am sure almost immediately because you can put moisturizing lotion on your noggin after you shave.  I will have to ask you , are you using a moisturizing lotion on your scalp when you finish shaving??

Offline Drackare

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 06:18:16 PM »
Hey folks, I'm not sure if this question belongs in the "grooming" section or not, but since there wasn't really a better place for it- I decided to try asking it here and hope for the best.

Basically I've got dandruff (which is the ultimate irony since I'm also bald) and I'm trying to find a shampoo that is strong enough to fight that dandruff without causing redness of the scalp. I've been using a medicated shampoo which works well and is great for guys with hair because the scalp redness doesn't show. But I don't have hair (or much hair anyhow) and so the redness caused by this shampoo is quite evident.

Can anyone out there recommend a shampoo that's strong enough to fight dandruff, but not SO strong that it leaves a redness? That redness does fade after a few days but it's so evident in those few days that it's not really worth it. What I'd really like to find is something that fights dandruff and doesn't harm the scalp, etc. If there's anything like that out there and anyone knows about it, I'd really love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone may have!

Try using a body wash that has oatmeal in it it helps somewhat with dry skin

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 07:21:56 PM »
I used to get redness on my scalp, but all that went away once I started shaving it.   

Give it a try.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline shdouble

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 08:22:11 PM »
I had dandruff Been shaving four days and that and the redness is gone.I still use the walmart dandruff shampoo but there is no more redness.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 12:00:22 AM »
You may want to check with a dermatologist to see if you have psoriasis.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 01:27:59 PM »
I have never head of dandruff on a nald head. Dandruff is associated with a scalp condition, not the skin. You might have psoriasis, or dry flakey skin. As for a shampoo I recommend Bald Guyz Daily Wash & Shampoo to clean and moisturize the skin. You might want to use our Moisture Gel after shaving as our skin conditioners and calmers relieve redness and irritation.

HBG