Author Topic: Neat or weird places that your job sent you to.  (Read 4449 times)

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Neat or weird places that your job sent you to.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 10:24:53 PM »
Back in the Ice Ages when I worked for Digital Equipment, I got sent lots of places to give talks on our product (DEC customers didn't want to hear it from a marketing dweeb, they wanted to hear it from the engineer!).

The "neatest" place was probably Cannes. Right on the beach. It didn't suck.

Two weeks later I got sent to Saddle Brook, NJ (Toys'R'Us headquarters). It was an unfortunate comparison.

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 07:44:13 AM »
St Andreasberg in the Harz mountains in Germany to a place called the Sonnenberg foundation. Conference on the multi cultural society. Sonnenberg foundation was founded at the end of WWII to promote understanding between different races in the hope that the holocaust would always be remembered but never happen again. (Note to Tyler - were you unable to post that e-mail I sent you the other day?)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 11:54:57 AM by The Scottish Ambassador »
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 11:50:08 AM »
A few years back i was given a trip by my work to Miami, South Beach. It was a 5 day trip,we watched the Dolphins v New England Patriots...a big game so the locals said.

I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline DBM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 02:09:55 PM »
My employer sends guys all over the place but I choose northern Alberta (eww) because the money is better.  Guys I work with have literally travelled the world (pretty much every continent) as Exploration Drillers. 

I'm jealous of you guys that can travel for work.

Enter your email address: