Author Topic: Ah, to be amongst good men...  (Read 10242 times)

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
Re: Ah, to be amongst good men...
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 01:22:23 AM »
Welcome buddy! Everyone here will be glad to help with anything you need! :D

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 01:41:19 AM »
Welcome here, Dman!

Glad you found us.

Maybe the step by step is the way for you.

Best wishes.  O0

J

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 04:18:38 AM »
Welcome Dman.   You may be surprised to find that by shaving the dome more attention is drawn to you eyes and not to your face so the concern over minor facial flaws would be reduced.   
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 04:48:17 AM »
hey dman:  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya joined us.    remember... anytime one has thoughts of shaving their dome,  that person will never be satisfied until he/she satisfies their thoughts.  so... satisfy your thoughts & shave that noggin' smooooth.   matter of fact, U  will B  thanking us on your new look.  i promise U that U won't regret it.  if U have any questions, please feel free 2 ask.  do some research in the HEADSHAVING section of the forum:  ("your shave routine",  "what razor you use",  "shaving cream or gel").  this section has priceless info on head shaving.  again... welcome 2 the sly fraternity & keep us posted 2 your road 2 slyness.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 05:02:35 AM »
A big Scottish welcome buddy  O0
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline DaithiSean

• Sly
  • stern mode whilst trying to work my webcam
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 05:10:44 AM »
Welcome Dman  O0

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 05:31:57 AM »
Welcome bro O0
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 06:44:51 AM »
I will change that pic soon Dman....just wanted to put something different up.  Good Luck!

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 06:52:57 AM »
Welcome Dman! As far as the super oily skin that is prone to breaking out, that describes my skin to a T. But ive found that its easier to manage when all there is is skin, and ive had less breaking out ever since i went sly, on my head and my face.

Youre at the right place!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Dman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 06:54:34 AM »
Well Peripheral, if I can create a scenario for myself, like the one you have in your pic....I will quickly forget my T-zone:)
Dman

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 08:03:58 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Dman!

I don't think you have anything to worry about as far as looks once you shave. You look like a good looking guy.

As far as marks and imperfections..... dude my head is the example for imperfections. I have scars, divots, etc. We all like to call those things "Dome Decor". Each mark makes each of us that more unique.

Ah yes the children. My son ran away crying when I first shaved my head and my daughter jjust said..... "I don't like it" (she was 5 at the time).
But they love it now...... so much so that I threaten to grow back the horseshoe if they are being "bad". When I make that threat they both yell 'NO!".

Many women love shaved heads. My wife absolutely loves it and on those rare occasions I tell her I'm going to skip shaving I alwyas get an "Oh........."

Taking that first step is difficult for a of guys but the freedom from worry quickly replaces any "What have I done feelings".

Nice intro too............

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 08:13:35 AM »
Welcome. 

As for skin issues, I've lived with a dermatologist since I was 14.  Oddly, before going sly I had problems with my neck above the hairline, little pimples, etc., also some issues in what is now shadow.  Since sly, no problems at all.  My thoughts are that 1--every shave and prep cleans the skin, even more so w/ some exfoliation either by lotion or my choice a loofa pad that removes dead skin and oil from the scalp and follicles very efficiently; 2--with a sly head you can wash your skin more than once a day in the shower when you shampoo your hair.  I use Cuticura soap, an anti-acne soap that I have used for years on my face.  I also apply 10% benzoyl peroxide gel to my head after shaving--right after wiping down w/ a cotton pad moistened w/ hydrogen peroxide.  The super cleaning has kept my scalp in perfect condition.  Just something more for you to think about.  You're heading in the right direction, and you and your daughter will really like it.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 10:50:31 AM »
Welcome DMan.  Like Andrew, I fretted about shaving for years.  Do what makes your feel good. 

As for your daughter - my daughter was 13 when I shaved - she was totally against it.  When she first saw it she said, "Well, I guess it doesn't look that bad." Once she saw that I liked it and her friends thought it was cool, she was OK with it.  I know there is a large age difference between our girls but that is my story. 

My son was 9 and went to the barber with me.  He has been on board since.

Good luck to you and hang around here more often.

Sooner Steve
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 11:02:31 AM »
Welcome, Dman.  Great intro.  Clearly you are looking at this from all angles with consideration and even compassion. 

Question:  Do you find yourself frequently thinking about shaving the noggin?  Do you give a Sly melon an extra look just to check it out and wonder how it'd be if your head was slick?  What do you want to do? 

It seems to me that if you've answered yes to the above questions, you have the incurable itch for a head shave and the only cure is the razor.  I think the look will be good for you and you'll probably wonder just what you waited for. 

Give it a go.  You'll always wonder, otherwise.     
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 11:06:30 AM »
Welcome Dman, sorry I'm so late with the greeting.  Glad you are here.  I too have had bad skin all my life.  Breakouts galore.  The perverbial T.  Since shaving I do believe it has gotten better.  So come often and chat a lot!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am