Author Topic: HAS anyone tried out PACIFIC shaving oil?  (Read 6338 times)

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: HAS anyone tried out PACIFIC shaving oil?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 01:59:15 AM »
Thanks for the review warhawk O0
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 06:57:46 PM »
I love the stuff and I use it religiously, it makes my shaves way easier and I can shave day to day without zero irritation...I'm gonna buy one of the big bottles as soon as I run out of the little stuff.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 04:55:19 PM »
For all those pacific shave fanboy's ( or girls )
http://pacificshaving.com/cream.php

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 06:18:39 PM »
WOW, - in the 1/2 oz packs that comes to $222.40 a pound!  But a real "bargain" in the 2 ounce bottles,  only $183.60 a pound!   With out shipping added, of course.   
That stuff must really be some super stuff for that cost!
And I thought Carmex was really expensive.  (Carmex junkie here)

I use just good ol' Neutrogena light Sesame Body oil.  Works well, smells good, can use it on the body too,  wife uses it, so  I started using it a couple years ago.  It never clogs a Headblade or any of the Mach 3s or Turbos.  And at about $12 to $13 for a 12 ounce bottle, at real bargain, comparatively speaking.

And it's great for those evening back, and body rubs the wife is so fond of.  Hummmm, me too.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 06:42:29 PM »
WOW, - in the 1/2 oz packs that comes to $222.40 a pound!  But a real "bargain" in the 2 ounce bottles,  only $183.60 a pound!   With out shipping added, of course.   
That stuff must really be some super stuff for that cost!
And I thought Carmex was really expensive.  (Carmex junkie here)

I use just good ol' Neutrogena light Sesame Body oil.  Works well, smells good, can use it on the body too,  wife uses it, so  I started using it a couple years ago.  It never clogs a Headblade or any of the Mach 3s or Turbos.  And at about $12 to $13 for a 12 ounce bottle, at real bargain, comparatively speaking.

And it's great for those evening back, and body rubs the wife is so fond of.  Hummmm, me too.

Actually its fairly cheap, a little tiny 1/2 ounce bottle lasts a long time.
1/2 ounce bottle : single $ 6.95
                           : 3 pack $ 20.00
                           : 6 pack $ 39.00
                           : 12 pack $ 75.00

2 ounce bottle : single $ 22.95
                        : 3 pack $ 66.00
                        : 6 pack $ 124.00

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 10:25:08 AM »
Like SS said, it lasts a LONG time!  As shaving oils go, Pacific Shaving makes my favorite.  I'm now interested in trying out the shave cream.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 11:36:52 AM »
I'll cast my vote for PSO. I buy the 3 pack and it lasts forever.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 06:29:20 PM »
Like SS said, it lasts a LONG time!  As shaving oils go, Pacific Shaving makes my favorite.  I'm now interested in trying out the shave cream.

Tyler, there headquarters is 45 minutes away from us...we should bother them for a couple cans of there cream for a review and for the record, Pacific shaving oil makes the best shaving product I've ever used, being that I have a tough beard that can literally break a blade on and really sensitive skin its makes it a joy to actually shave.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 06:35:25 PM by ShadowSide »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 11:01:02 PM »
Tyler, there headquarters is 45 minutes away from us...we should bother them for a couple cans of there cream for a review and for the record, Pacific shaving oil makes the best shaving product I've ever used, being that I have a tough beard that can literally break a blade on and really sensitive skin its makes it a joy to actually shave.

I'll contact them and see if we can get a tour.  For some reason I thought they were in Oregon.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2010, 12:34:55 AM »

I'll contact them and see if we can get a tour.  For some reason I thought they were in Oregon.

So did I, I remember somewhere on the site awhile back it said Portland but I checked again yesterday and : Pacific Shaving Company™ LLC P.O. Box 590022, San Francisco, CA 94159

Offline hream

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 08:43:40 AM »
For those of you who use this along with a shaving cream (e.g. HeadSlick) ... can you please explain why do you do that?  Less irritation?  Closer shave?  Fewer bumps?  All of the above?  And do you wait X minutes after applying the oil (before you using shaving cream) or do you immediately then put shaving cream on?

I'm continuing to look for the perfect combination and am just curious as to why I'd effectively double-up on products before shaving.  I'm pretty happy with my current setup (Parker 86R, HeadShed, HeadSlick) but it could always be improved and I do consistently fight bumps at my hairline.  Thanks for any feedback.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:45:26 AM by hream »

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010, 08:14:01 PM »
Thanks for the review warhawk.   I only use headslick but all the comments on oils have me interested.   

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, 08:22:53 PM »
Hream : All of the above, no need to wait, Pacific shave works great as a standalone.