Author Topic: Cold and stickiness !!!!  (Read 2961 times)

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
Cold and stickiness !!!!
« on: January 05, 2009, 06:32:23 PM »
I find that my head sticks to vinyl/leather (like the equipment at the gym) and that sometimes I am just oin the house and my head is COLD so I wear a cap sometimes.  Its annoying ! Anyone else have these issues ?

Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Cold and stickiness !!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 07:19:47 PM »
I find that my head sticks to vinyl/leather (like the equipment at the gym) and that sometimes I am just oin the house and my head is COLD so I wear a cap sometimes.  Its annoying ! Anyone else have these issues ?

I carry a sweat towel around with me at the gym and drape it over the benches/equipment where my head will rest -- partly so my head won't stick, partly because I sweat so much, and partly because God knows who else was there and sweated on it before me.   :-\

As for my head being cold in the house, no I haven't experienced that.  Is this the first winter your head has been shaved?  I remember my first summer with a shaved head -- if my head got a bit sweaty, it would get really cold when I walked and gave me a headache.  That went away after a while.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 07:26:45 PM »
Vinyl & leather do stick, and like RazorX I also carry a towel at the gym, did so before I went totally sly for the same reason--I mean they're nice folks, but let's not pass too much around among friends!
You don't say where you live, or if you have a lot of ceiling fans or what temperature you keep the house.  I can feel the fans in our house, but this is New Orleans, and 90% of the time it's warm if not hot, so the cooling feels great.  I was more sensitive to cool drafts for a month or so after going sly, like every room felt like it had drafts, but that passed away.  It will probably pass, when spring arrives.

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 01:48:33 AM »
As I have said already, I work in a cold room at +2 degrees C and sometimes in freezer room at -25 degrees C so I dont ever feel the cold on my dome.  O:O
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 02:49:53 PM »
I wear a skullcap when I workout.
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 03:31:58 AM »
My head gets cold very easily. I wear a beanie around the house all the time in the winter and if it's real cold I have one on my headboard for the nights !!    O0

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 08:23:00 AM »
I have to add that when I'm on the road I carry a beanie bc some hotels have very drafty and cool a/c systems--the poke through the wall kind.  A cool room is generally nice, but when the cold gets to my head at night it's not nice.

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 03:31:59 PM »
I sympathize with the leather thing.  Which is why I'll probably get cloth recliners when I move into my next place.  :)