Author Topic: when the glass is half empty, take it as half full  (Read 8019 times)

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
Re: when the glass is half empty, take it as half full
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 04:11:09 AM »
Most excellent post

Didn't realize that you were THAT   Bill.  Where's Ted? :*))

Ha ha ha, most triumphent

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 09:50:50 AM »
This idea of others with more REAL problems than yourself has been especially relevant in New Orleans.  Other than the now world famous Lower Ninth Ward, many areas such as the Lakefront have seen people accept the loss of every physical thing including photos of their children, late parents, everything, lost.  They left w/ three days clothing and two days later that's all they owned except piles and piles of muddy waste.  They haven't stopped, they have gutted, rebuilt and now the fruits of their labors, and the help of countless wonderful people from all over the world who have grabbed a crow bar and helped these people, the neighborhoods of New Orleans are beginning to flourish once again.  I have no doubt that among the brothers there are many who have taken part in these efforts in one way or another.  You will never be able to understand the gratitude that the people of New Orleans feel for these people.  They reached out and helped those at a time when some would have had us abandon this great town.  Thanks,
Saintc

Offline baldkorean

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 11:15:54 PM »
Good post MathGuy.. I like the way you think.

The world needs a lot more positivity - especially in these trying times.

We get so caught up in the daily grind, that we focus more on all the little things that are going wrong and lose sight of the big picture and all the things that we should be grateful for.  For example, hair :)  Too many people waste their time feeling insecure about hair loss, when they are otherwise healthy.  Life is a gift, and we should all count our blessings for each and every day.  I've known people who died young, and have also had some close experiences myself.  These things remind me that most of lifes problems are miniscule, and as they say, "it too shall pass"..   We should all strive to life to the fullest, and not take anything for granted.

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 04:09:10 AM »
Great post brother..reminds me of a line I read in "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill.

"Within every adversity is the seed of an equal or greater benefit."

Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 06:56:15 AM »
Great quote, Hammer!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 10:27:44 AM »
Nice Hammer! 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]