Author Topic: OOOOOOOUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !@$#%$^%$^  (Read 12056 times)

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
OOOOOOOUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !@$#%$^%$^
« on: January 07, 2009, 02:53:26 PM »
i just cut my head BADLY using a new blade on my headblade. im freakin out here lol. its like oozing blood. theres already 4 drips on the floor. right now i have 2 folded paper towels on my head, with headslick still on my head lol. the cut was so nasty my skin was actually stuck in the blades of my headblade.

so ya......i think this is the last time im using headslick. lol

how am i soposed to finish shaving with this deep of a cut?

Offline HardKor

• Sly Jr.
  • I Love Cam!
    • GodsGirls
Re: OOOOOOOUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !@$#%$^%$^
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 03:00:38 PM »

That was one of Cameron's first experiences.  I guess it just takes some getting used to. 

I've shaved my legs with headslick and I must say.... it is definitely slick.
*~Kori Loves Cam~*

BALDANDRE

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 03:10:31 PM »

That was one of Cameron's first experiences.  I guess it just takes some getting used to. 

I've shaved my legs with headslick and I must say.... it is definitely slick.

OMG :o...

Headblade..NOT cool..

ouch!!!l!

Offline Shaf

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 03:12:02 PM »
Might be more about getting use to the HB bro with something that slick.
It's mentioned often to take things slowly whilst getting use to building a shaving technique with  the HB.

Hope the head's ok,  rub vaseline or something similar over the cut area.

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 03:14:01 PM »
Oh, dear.  Sorry to hear about that.  Yikes!  Grab the styptic pencil.  Sounds like you'll have to "go around" the wound if you shave at all.  Good luck. 
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 03:27:50 PM »
I would also say that it was the Headblade and not the Headslick.  I have had a similar experience.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 03:29:21 PM »
Amateur... sorry that happened bro.  I think with the HB, you either have the touch or not.  I'm glad I do because it is the quickest, cheapest way to shave.  If anybody asks, just tell them you got in a bar fight, and the other guy wasn't so lucky!
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 03:34:20 PM »
This is why I don't use the Headblade.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 03:40:05 PM »
curiousity killed the cat!!!
I remember when I as a lurker.  I checked this site one day and Razorx wrote this thing about
how badly he had cut himself with headblade.   That was the day I knew I would forbid myself from
trying it.   I don't know but there are many good razors out there that can do a decent job without
deep cuts.   So, why bother with headblade?

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 03:44:09 PM »
Sorry that happened to you. I use a HB but I have learned two things. First..DON'T apply pressure..if you do you'll cut yourself for sure. Second take your time..get in a hurry and you will slice the old noggin for sure. When I bypass those two steps I seem to always be grabbin for my styptic pencil.  One thing I have found though is I seem to have to go back and do alot of touchups with my Mach3 so I am not so sold as I first was on how well it performs. Seems like alot of money out for two differernt razors.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 03:45:02 PM »
So, why bother with headblade?

Ahh, Grasshopper -- you will only know the secret when you have submitted to its power and been converted.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 03:46:13 PM »
It was the HB not the Headslick.  Around the ears is tough enough, but for me and a lot of the guys the HB is the intro to bloody sacrifice.  I'm Fusion & Headslick, never  been nicked, much less sliced.  I do feel for you, it's a tough lesson.  But you'll soon heal, and learn.

SlyHigh

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 03:55:07 PM »
I've been using the HB for months, and only once did I even come close to nicking myself, and it didn't even bleed.  I shave pretty fast, too.

I've always shaved in the shower without a mirror.  In fact, I've never seen myself shave my head.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 03:59:46 PM »
ok im ok now. i have this nasty 2 inch white-ish scar on my head now from where i cut it. it actually is more noticeable than my shadow now haha. but anyways......you can only imagine how painful my shower was afterwords. it felt  like i dipped my head in a bucket of gasoline and then lit my head on fire. i wanted to cry haha.

the cut was nasty though. i just hope itll heal enough in the next day or 2 so i can get back to shaving. i actually pulled a rather long peice of skin out of my blade after the cut. gross  :XX

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 04:00:40 PM »
hey ghost:  hope U mend up quickly but it's definitely the HB razor & not the headslick.  from what i know from die-hard headbladers... it just takes a little time 2 get used 2.  4 me... the fusion (manual) gets the job done. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!