Author Topic: College Baldie  (Read 5313 times)

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
Re: College Baldie
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 06:45:58 PM »
Welcome RoRo!

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 06:43:14 AM »
Welcome to the club RoRo 
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline RoRo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 11:50:20 AM »
Welcome RoRo!  Glad you finally decided to join in.   This site if full of useful info.   Just gotta ask ya...Was the chick in front of you standing on your toe?  LOL

Haha, no...at least I don't think so. I may have been slightly intoxicated in that picture, so I probably wouldn't have noticed anyways.

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 12:49:44 PM »
Hey, RoRo. Welcome to the site. Hope you find a method that works best for you. The lady in your picture's a looker, man.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 03:08:24 AM »
RoRo, welcome to SBG! 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 12:37:15 PM »
Welcome RoRo!  Glad you finally decided to join in.   This site if full of useful info.   Just gotta ask ya...Was the chick in front of you standing on your toe?  LOL

Haha, no...at least I don't think so. I may have been slightly intoxicated in that picture, so I probably wouldn't have noticed anyways.

No. She had just grabbed his nuts a little too hard!  O0
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline SlickEric

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 01:30:05 PM »

Stephen that's NO way for a fellow Scot to be talking! 

Nah, you've done this fellow Scotsman proud. 

Roro, welcome to the wild and crazy world of SLY! O0
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 01:32:46 PM by SlickEric »

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 01:36:20 PM »

Stephen that's NO way for a fellow Scot to be talking! 

Nah, you've done this fellow Scotsman proud. 

Roro, welcome to the wild and crazy world of SLY! O0

Sorry dude  :-[
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 07:22:53 PM »
Welcome Ro,

Here, you will receive a multitude of methods/product suggestions that will assist you in acquiring the needed skills you are looking for in the area of "whacking thyself in thy cranium with thy sharp blade" - and they are ALL extremely GREAT PRODUCTS and FABULOUS METHODS, but here's a method i used in the beginning (and still use often) that is both inexpensive and gets great results:

1) Wash and buzz hair as close to the scalp as possible. (NO guard on clippers to get as close to the scalp as   possible)

2) Wet hair, and cleanse again with a product called NUTRITIONISTE gel cleanser w/microbeads (bright lime green tube that is sold practically everywhere - Rite-Aid, K-Mart, Wal-Mart,CVS, etc, and your favorite gel shave cream (Edge, Nivea, Gillette, or an excellent menthol cream shave made by a company called Headblade). Mix the cleanser with the gel/cream in the palm of your hand and massage it into your scalp throughly.

Do this in the shower, if possible. Have your wife/girlfriend assist you (however, I strongly suggest NOT at the same time-[LOL]). If you're doing this solo, head for the bathroom sink.

NOTE: While at one of the above mentioned stores, buy either a Fusion razor or something called a                        HeadBlade (http://www.headblade.com to view a photo of it so you know what you are looking for)

3) Going SLOW, go WITH the grain first, then if you desire going still shorter,  REPEAT, but go AGAINST the grain the second time around.

4) Rinse your blade often, and go over any rough spots you feel w/your fingers.
REMEMBER- GO SLOW when whacking your noggin with that blade, or you may nick or cut yourself (nickin one's self is more than likely than not considered to be somewhat of a "normal occurrence", when you are new at this, but nicks and cuts can be minimal -  preparing the scalp is the KEY!

5) When done, rinse with cold water (as cold as you can stand it) to close pores, and slap a noggin' moisturizer on that dome of yours and you're ready to rock! There are a number of good moisturizers on the market: HeadLube (by HeadBlade) Glossy or Matte Finish, Nivea,etc. ( I  am sure you will hear about many more once others start posting their own favorite routines here.

Just remember to take your time, and feel free to experiment. Sometimes you will find all products from one brand name that will get you the results you are looking for, and sometimes you may get better results by using a combination of products, from more than one company to achieve the results you are looking for.

Hope this info has been of some help to you.

Later...

-Cap'n Noodles -

« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 07:30:29 PM by Noodles »

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 11:55:25 PM »
Welcome Ro.  Good to have you here, dude.

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 11:59:17 PM »
Welcome dude, stick around!!

Your picture made me laugh, what an awesome face to pull ha ha O0

Offline Noodles

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 04:28:25 PM »
Ro...

Got a question for you that maybe you can help me with....

I see at many of the local Winn-Dixie stores (Rite-Aid, Cvs, etc, but mainly at W.D.) there is this cream for men of color called "Magic" (marketed especially for a black man's scalp to help rid him of unwanted hair)

Seeing that you are bald to the bone, I was wondering if you have ever used this product, it's effectiveness, the level to which it burns your scalp, and if such an item would work for a caucasian male as it does for men of color?  Normally, I tend to stay away from such items, but was interested in your opinion.

Thanks, in advance-

-Dave

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 04:05:35 AM »
Dave, from personal experience I can tell you DO NOT USE IT.     This product will not only burn/irritate your skin but it does not always remove the hair completely and then you are told not to reapply or shave it for 24 hours.   Stick to the old tried and true razor, it is still the best way.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Noodles

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
Thanks for the advice, Paul
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »
Dave, from personal experience I can tell you DO NOT USE IT.     This product will not only burn/irritate your skin but it does not always remove the hair completely and then you are told not to reapply or shave it for 24 hours.   Stick to the old tried and true razor, it is still the best way.

Was just curious, since this product brand seems to be everywhere.

Once again- Thanks

-Cap'n Noodles -

Offline Slick Nick

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 04:57:42 PM »
Welcome holmes! Im a new mem of the board myself. Dont sweat goin bald jus enjoy da new freedom! And enjoy the head rubs from the ladies!

Slick Nick
Life is what You make it!!!!