Author Topic: what age did everyone start losing their hair?  (Read 27231 times)

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: what age did everyone start losing their hair?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 10:18:24 AM »
i started losing my hair at 17, but i actually shaved it at 20. I got tired of being in denial about it and having my hair make my head look like one of the Aliens from the movie, since the thick horseshoe made the back of my head stick out.

lol you have like NO shadow whatsoever so i cant tell exactly how your mpb is. did it just recede all the way back kinda like a half moon type thing or did you lose it all on the top?

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 12:23:55 PM »
i started losing my hair at 17, but i actually shaved it at 20. I got tired of being in denial about it and having my hair make my head look like one of the Aliens from the movie, since the thick horseshoe made the back of my head stick out.

lol you have like NO shadow whatsoever so i cant tell exactly how your mpb is. did it just recede all the way back kinda like a half moon type thing or did you lose it all on the top?

Man, i lost it all on the top. i didnt even get the decency of a retreating hairline. There was no retreat, no "advance to the rear." It was just GONE.

Shading in a dimly lit restaurant does wonders for the shadow, per my avatar. haha
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 12:37:13 PM »
ha its all good. you have a nice lookin girl so apparently the hairloss isnt a big deal lol. i just wish there were more chiks like that out there lol. i know like........2 haha. ide honestly rather lose it all on top than a receding hairline though cuz i already have a fairly big forehead to begin with. so when you mix that with a thin strip of a hairline it looks horrible at certain angles. you cant go wrong with nothing on top lol. but if only i could get rid of the shadow it wouldnt be a problem. i guess ill try the headblade.

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 12:48:43 PM »
Hey, to find a girl that dug my bald look, I had to go to Brazil to find that. haha. As far as getting rid of the shadow as much as possible, try an incessant and probably obsessive regimen to scrape any and all hair from your head. You dont really need to have any feeling in your scalp anyway. haha.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 12:55:07 PM »
greeeeeeat! looks like im buying a plane ticket to brazil lol. cuz i know damn well american chiks are ignorant lol.

marty22

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 01:11:16 PM »
Nice new avatar Peripheral!

Offline TommyGun85

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 02:13:17 AM »
I started losing my hair at around 17/18, the look made worse by the fact that I always used loads of gel! From the age of about 20 I stopped using normal gel and use to this day stuff that isnt so "slick", my hair atm is in a kinda comb-over style.. I guess soon I'll be shaving it off..?!

Offline Wil87

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Low Lie The Fields of Athenry
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 02:31:03 AM »
Welcome to the forum TommyGun, if you post a introduction and your story in the Intros sections all of the bros will welcome you proporly!!  O0

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008, 06:12:49 AM »
started around 28 or so with a receding hairline. ok, i know not the same young as most here.
but i had more time to got use to my hair;)  (JK)

it got really obvious getting 30. (35 now)

.i almost wish i had no hair on top instead of this thin strip

btw i also hate this "strip thing", bot somethimes i think maybe it's good as long there are still some hair  :-\
i don't know what to think about that.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 06:36:25 AM by Ben32 »

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 09:57:24 AM »
I started receeding at the temples in my 20's.  But the widow's peak was noticeably thinning when I was 30.  For most of my 30's I was losing hair in the front.  At 36
I started shaving my head as my stepmom started making comments about toupees, plugs and drugs.  While I am not slick bald in the back, the one of the last times I grew it back, a co-worker pointed out the thinning in the back.  Pictures and videos confirm this.  So at 47 I would say I am slowly balding, compared to some!

Offline baldbill54

• Bald Bill
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 04:53:46 PM »
I guess I was one of the "luckier" guys.  I didn't start a major recession until my 50's.  A retired barber friend commented that I have the family hairline.  He had cut many of my uncles heads for years.  At first the recession was about a half inch. That's went I strongly considered going sly.  Now I have about a two inch recession with a two inch bald spot.  Hair in the widow's peak seems to be thinning.  The recession seems to be progressing at a faster rate.  Being sly, it doesn't show to the untrained eye.  At this point, I'm glad my hair is going.

Bald Bill

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 07:05:21 PM »

btw i also hate this "strip thing", bot somethimes i think maybe it's good as long there are still some hair  :-\
i don't know what to think about that.

I started to feel that way when the widow's peak separated from the hair behind it to form an island, and the new "hairline" behind the island ran across the very top of my head.  Up to that point it had seemed like the hair was going fast, but once you reach one of those awkward stages it seems like it can take forever for the process to complete.  That's when I knew it was time to shave.

Offline Mr.Gleam

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2009, 08:58:19 PM »
43 while I was trying to stick with the spiked top look I noticed in a photo that some of the spikes had jumped ship.

45 is when I witnessed a hole forming in the back when I held up a mirror. That one freaked me out.

The deciding factor was at 46 when I saw a photo of myself at a bowling alley and the front of my hair (which I was combing straight back) looked like a bad combover.

I immediately busted out the razor and the rest is history.

marty22

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 06:34:45 AM »
Thinning at 20; transplants at 25, and then gone by 45. No warning at 45, just receded and I was left with a combover/bad forest of odd haits. We know the rest.

Offline RockloudRockhard88

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 07:11:49 AM »
i started to notice when a friend told me my hair was thinning in the back and this was at 17 and i had a receding hairline so i always cut my hair short but im still slowly balding i just wish it would all completely fall out lol that way no shadow!!!!!!!!!!!! but yea im 20 almost 21 now if i do let my hair grow out i still have hair on top but you can def see where its thinning
LONG LIVE THE MACH 3!!!!!!!!!!!!