Author Topic: Question for the more experienced sly guy  (Read 2954 times)

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Question for the more experienced sly guy
« on: December 05, 2008, 02:40:11 PM »
Does your scalp start to toughen up after a while? Mines is extremely tender after shaving.

If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline jagman

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Question for the more experienced sly guy
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 02:46:18 PM »
Hi Stephen

The answer is yes. I haven't been shaving my head for that long, but I have noticed that the initial tenderness has worn off. Keep with it.

Cheers

Neilo

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 02:46:59 PM »
Does your scalp start to toughen up after a while? Mines is extremely tender after shaving.

Yes, it will toughen up in time.  You may be applying too much pressure with the razor -- or perhaps trying another shaving gel would help.  Have you tried applying aloe after shaving?  It can be very soothing.

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 02:48:53 PM »
it was like that the first 2 days, but some cold water after shaving and a good after shave helps alot.
i shaved 2 times a day.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 02:51:15 PM by Ben32 »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 02:52:28 PM »
Also, I know you're using Headblade, but what blades are you using with it?  It's worth trying a few different types that are compatible with it, to see what works best for you.

Another thing, which goes against the conventional wisdom:  I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I know that I have more scalp problems if I don't shave every day.  The returning stubble really irritates my skin.  I can get away with not shaving maybe one day a week, but if I go any longer than that, I run into problems.   You mentioned that you shave every other day.   You might want to try shaving it daily.  I know it seems counterproductive, but it worked for me.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 03:34:49 PM »
I agree with Razor, shave everyday. I only run into problems if I don't shave daily. I have been shaving for 3 years now and I don't get any tenderness at all anymore..... O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 07:34:27 PM »
It will toughen up. I have tough scapl skin now.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline ripped53

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 08:59:38 PM »
I agree with Razor, shave everyday. I only run into problems if I don't shave daily. I have been shaving for 3 years now and I don't get any tenderness at all anymore..... O0

I agree shaving daily, with a good gel or oil, helps reduce irritations and a good after shave will sooth the scalp.
Sly and Shiny......Ingrown hairs are my enemy....

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 09:04:11 PM »
Yes it does, hang in there.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 09:05:35 PM »
Im hard headed anyways...LOL...HUSH.  LOL  But yes it will toughen up after a while.  I have been shaving since June of 07, and I would give it a couple of months.  Dont let that discourage you though...you know like momma says...Practice makes perfect.  Keep at it bro.

Timmay

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 10:29:19 AM »
It will "toughen up" but you'll also learn how to keep it Sly without irritation, you'll find your set of products that make you feel and look your best.  It won't take long and the trip is kind of fun.  I bet most of the guys like me have a whole lot of products in the bathroom cabinet that they tried and moved on from as they put together their "set" of skin care products from razors, shaving creme or gel, etc.  You will too.  Stay smooth, stay Sly.