Author Topic: What do you do at work for exercise?  (Read 11481 times)

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
Re: What do you do at work for exercise?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 10:12:06 AM »
Since retirement, No office of course.  So with the autumn  coming on, I rake leaves every single day.  I could run the mower over them, but  I figure the exercise will do me good.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 10:49:58 AM »
I sit.

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 11:11:47 AM »
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 11:24:06 AM »
DAMNIT CHEESE (*&*(&$#*(&@*(#&$*&#@&$*(  You werent suppose to say that.  Now I have to find a different activity...jezzzzzzzzzzzz  LOL

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 03:47:21 PM »
http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/l/blofficeworkout.htm

Have a look at the link, it shows some very basic exercises you can do, also if you have a pretty easy going office, try sitting on a gym ball/swiss ball, it will make you steady yourself with your core and you will certainly feel it by the end of the day!!!  !i#t

I have one for at home, and during a BF2142 tournament [8 hour] I honestly didn't notice a difference between that and sitting in a chair.

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 03:53:50 PM »
My work involves alot of walking..pulling treatment hoses around residential homes for pest control..but I also MADE myself dust off a treadmill I bought a couple of years ago and have started 30 minute walking again. I also have a Total Gym..the one Chuck Norris sells...that I use.   
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

marty22

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 04:31:54 PM »
strict walking.

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 06:49:39 AM »
I`M lucky ,we have a gym at my job.
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 09:31:16 AM »

Same here.  Ours just opened up a few months ago.  I didn't think I'd like working out in the middle of the day, but it's a great stress reliever.

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 09:41:05 AM »

Same here.  Ours just opened up a few months ago.  I didn't think I'd like working out in the middle of the day, but it's a great stress reliever.
Plus it`s nice not to have to deal with the gym crowd at night.LMAO,everyone wants to do chest on Monday. Most gyms you will have 20  guys waiting on 3flat benches on a Monday night.
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 10:01:06 AM »

Plus it`s nice not to have to deal with the gym crowd at night.LMAO,everyone wants to do chest on Monday. Most gyms you will have 20  guys waiting on 3flat benches on a Monday night.

That is why I don't like gyms and own a bowflex.
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 11:32:05 AM »

everyone wants to do chest on Monday. Most gyms you will have 20  guys waiting on 3flat benches on a Monday night.

Exactly!!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 12:32:57 PM »

everyone wants to do chest on Monday. Most gyms you will have 20  guys waiting on 3flat benches on a Monday night.

Exactly!!
I've never had anyone in front of me on "Chest Monday" but that's at 5AM ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 12:41:18 PM »

I've never had anyone in front of me on "Chest Monday" but that's at 5AM ;D ;D ;D ;D

That's around the time I'm hitting the snooze button for the first time.

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 01:50:37 PM »

That is why I don't like gyms and own a bowflex.

It took me all most two years but I have a pretty nice gym in my basement. I was on craigslist everyday.

Enter your email address: