Author Topic: baldness messing with my head  (Read 10154 times)

Offline bungalow bill

• Sly Guy in Training
baldness messing with my head
« on: January 31, 2007, 09:23:53 AM »
Hello everyone. new boy Bungalow Bill here from England. Do any of you find yourself looking at celebrities,people in general with balding or thinning hair & imagining them with their head shaved?.

I do this constantly (James Gandolfini for example) & find myself thinking that they would look awful with the shaved look so some hair is better than nothing.

I shaved my head over 6 years ago but still have major issues with it & suffer from what i can only describe as yo-yo shaving.

One minute iam really pleased with the shaved look, the next doubting that ive done the right thing so try to grow back what little i have.

Would appreciate any comments,Many thanks

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: baldness messing with my head
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 09:29:23 AM »
Bungalow Bill!....Welcome!

I seem to recall a Beatles song with "Bungalow Bill" in it.

Do any of you find yourself looking at celebrities,people in general with balding or thinning hair & imagining them with their head shaved?.

Just last night my wife and I were watching TV and took note of an actor (unknown) playing a strapping detective, sporting the horse shoe pattern.  We both agreed he would look much better all slick.

As far as the recurring insecurities and yo-yo shaving....maybe one of the other guys can relate better than I.

Again, welcome..

Offline bungalow bill

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 09:39:06 AM »
Many thanks for that Robmeister,yes you are right iam a big Beatles fan (The White Album) & also bred a champion dog called BB.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 09:43:41 AM »
Personally, I have absolutely no insecurities about my slick noggin. It could be perhaps because I am bald by choice and don't have any MPB problems.

I'm happy with the way I look, and proud of the person I see in the mirror everyday.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 09:57:06 AM »
I'm....proud of the person I see in the mirror everyday.

That's simply beautiful, pig  **sniff** :'(

Yes, I will say that in the 2.5 weeks I've been slick...my confidence in social/professional situations is unexpectedly stellar...

by "unexpectedly" I mean that I wasn't wrestling with confidence issues....nor was I seaking confidence by going bald...

But I seem to notice a difference in how people respond to me entering a room, entering a conversation, entering a building....

entering the dragon......sorry, couldn't resist

Offline bungalow bill

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 10:20:13 AM »
Cheers Pigpen its great to be able to just discuss this with somebody instead of keeping it to myself.

I know that people are much more than the hair they have (or lack of it) on their head & have ready many posts about the confidence issue,if you appear & look confident you will be.

Feeling better already & nice to know i can come here to talk about other issues in the future.

PS-Great to see a ladies point of view on the site,go Magma Babe

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 10:37:45 AM »

And she's from England as well! O0

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 10:39:16 AM »
Cheers Pigpen its great to be able to just discuss this with somebody instead of keeping it to myself.

I know that people are much more than the hair they have (or lack of it) on their head & have ready many posts about the confidence issue,if you appear & look confident you will be.

Feeling better already & nice to know i can come here to talk about other issues in the future.

Glad I could help you Bill! That's what where for, and what this site is all about
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

BaldRob

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 11:54:03 AM »
Hi and welcome Bill!  I hope that your interaction with us will help you get past your "yo-yo" shaving...

Again, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 12:50:14 PM »
Bill, welcome from the otherside of the pond. 

I'd have to say that there isn't many balding celebrities, other than Jack Nicholson, that I think should keep their hair.  The only reason I think Jack should is because it's part of his image and craziness.

I'd say keep what makes you the most confident.  If you like sporting a some hair, but still have a bald patch that's cool.  Just don't give into trying to grow it using drugs or hair transplants - it's a waste of your time and money.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline lockman

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 06:24:54 PM »
I have been been slick for two weeks now it takes a little getting used to. But overall i love it and could care less what people say or think. I think it makes us look rugged and mean. Thats what my grandaughter told me lol.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 06:27:26 PM »
Right on lockman! 

P.S. I like your shirt!  8)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 06:30:21 PM »
I have been been slick for two weeks now it takes a little getting used to. But overall i love it and could care less what people say or think. I think it makes us look rugged and mean. Thats what my grandaughter told me lol.

Lockman!....you look great!....man, you have a nice shape....and healthy looking scalp, brudda!!

I'm goin' on 2 weeks myself......

way to go...

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 08:30:01 PM »
Welcome, Bill (and Lockman). This is a site & group of guys that has been quite helpful to me prior to my decision to shave it all off a month ago. Since I have shaved the dome, I have received many compliments on the look and feel great about myself & my appearance.

It's a good feeling and it CLEARLY is more than a look, it is an ATTITUDE.

Welcome,
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline bungalow bill

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 03:23:18 AM »
Thanks you guys for making me welcome. Been looking at various options for facial hair which seems to be a good option when shaved.  Baldrob looking good with the soul patch & Lockman with the traditional goatee also Schro with the clean shaven look.

Just interested to know what made all you guys decide on the type of facial hair for you or lack of as the case may be?

Bill