Author Topic: Time to start power 90....  (Read 4492 times)

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
Time to start power 90....
« on: September 30, 2008, 05:21:46 PM »
Ill let you guys know how I do. I was going to do the P90X but those workouts are six days a week for over an hour a day.  These are more like 45 minutes a day six days a week. 
http://www.beachbody.com/product/power90.do

I started doing crossfit here(per the suggestion of a fellow sly guy...thanx bro) and there but found I didnt have all the equipment I needed.
Im in decent shape now but hopefully this will take it to the next level. Once I start I plan on taking pictures/video everyday and assuming I am progressing will post them all.

Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Time to start power 90....
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 06:25:27 PM »
Right on, DJ.....git after it !! O0

I've always been intrigued by the Power 90 plan

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 02:09:49 PM »
I've looked at this, and a friend gave me all the vids. But my work outs already fine. Looks like some serious workouts though.

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 03:17:13 PM »
ok---I started this workout a month ago and then got bronchitus really bad...Im close to over that soe I am back in the swing. Just did my 3rd workout...man this really kicks your butt.  Where you at Rob ? Did you start yet ?

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 03:32:32 PM »

...Where you at Rob ? Did you start yet ?

YES, SIR !!!

Finished my first week (6 workouts).  Today (Sunday) is my day off.  Lost 5 lbs.

Glad to hear your bronchitis has let up and allowed you to get goin'.   Should be a great program.  As I said above, I've always been intrigued by the Power 90 commercials.   The P90X commercials sealed the deal for me.

But I'm gonna do at least 90 days (12 weeks) on P90 and then move on to P90X.   It's a REALLY VERY WELL thought out and structured progression.  I've always lagged on stretching.  I like how the program is BIG on stretching and YOGA moves.

Offline timorousme

• Sly Jr.
    • I Make Music With Game Boys and Segas
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 04:36:08 PM »
I've always lagged on stretching.  I like how the program is BIG on stretching and YOGA moves.

Oh yes, I feel bad for the people who try P90 and P90X and skip the stretching... Actually, I don't feel bad, as that's their own stupid mistake.

I don't know about P90, but I know that with X, the reason why I like it is that you do as much as you possibly can, then do as much as you possibly can with the next work out, then the next workout is an even more difficult version of the first, so it's just constant pushing to your very limits, which I think is why it feels so good afterwards because you know that you didn't cheat yourself and gave yourself the best workout possible.

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 06:42:34 AM »
good deal Rob. I have to get into the whole online thing with power 90 and post some pics and stuff.
One thing I was annoyed about is they send you an email with your "coach"...well my coach didnt even complete the program and shes like wayyy overweight. WTF ? I need to see if I can get a different one. Im not hatin on her being overweight but I cant take advice from someone who didnt even finish the program.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 05:19:52 PM »

...well my coach didnt even complete the program and shes like wayyy overweight. WTF ? I need to see if I can get a different one. Im not hatin on her being overweight but I cant take advice from someone who didnt even finish the program.

DUDE !!!!  I'm so with you on that....my "default" coach was some 50-something-year-old lady who has barely STARTED the program....she's lost like 3 lbs ? ? ? ? ? ?

I actually contacted one of the first "winners" by email -- Aaron M. -- he's one of the original success stories.....featured in the commercials, website and sh**.  In fact he's one of the success story interviews on one of the P90 DVDs.

Anyway, I asked HIM to be my coach.  He said there's a couple hoops to jump through to do that.  In fact I'm gonna call him right now.

I'll let you know.....maybe you can contact one of the guys who ROCKED the program and do the same thing.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 05:21:26 PM by Robmeister »

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 05:42:17 PM »
OK.....just spoke with Aaron Mathis.  It's just a matter of contacting customer service and requesting the change in coaches.

Here's Aaron's story:  http://gamechanged.com/  go down to the bottom of the article and click on his video on the left.   They flew him to Hawaii to film the Fat Burner Express with Tony H. !!!

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 07:25:50 PM »
cool ! I watched that vido...that guy rocks ! So I just have to call customer service ? Where do you see the group of coaches to choose from ?

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 08:39:38 PM »
cool ! I watched that vido...that guy rocks ! So I just have to call customer service ? Where do you see the group of coaches to choose from ?

there's not really a group of coaches to choose from....Aaron just told me to request him through cust. serv.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 08:56:22 AM »
Day #24 for the Robmeister - Round #1 - Power 90

Down another lb for 8 lbs lost O0
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:58:00 AM by Robmeister »

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 09:00:44 AM »
I'll post my Day #1 stats as they are posted over at the P90 / P90X Site:

Day #1 - 11/3/08

Weight: 247
Waist: 43"
BF%: 26%

Resting HR: 84 = PRETTY BAD (1 on scale of 1-7 [7=Best])
Blood Pressure: 154/94
Cholesterol: 269
Triglycerides: 700 (so high that no hdl/ldl readings are possible)

Diagnosed with Diabetes Type 2 Sept.15, 2008
On meds for High Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure and Hyperglycemia (High Blood Sugar)

UPDATE:

Day #24 of round 1 - Power 90

Weight: 239 (8 lbs lost)  O0
Waist: 41.5" (1.5 inches lost)   O0
BF%: 24% (2% lost)   O0
Resting HR: 74 = 3 on scale of 1-7, 7=Best (improvement of 10 "points")   O0
1-week average BLOOD GLUCOSE: 155 mg/dl (90 to 110 = normal) = improvement of 37 points!!!   O0

[Blood pressure, cholesterol & triglycerides work pending, Dec.29th]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 07:39:02 AM by Robmeister »

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 03:55:38 PM »
Awesome Rob !!! Way to stick with it Bro !
 I am on day 20...I have not lost any weight but then again I am not trying to lose weight.
I am 6'3'' and about 200. Im just trying to get faster/stronger more flexible. 
I need to start taking pictures and measurements. I am doing the important thing though...actually DOING the workouts. I have not missed one workout I am proud to say.  I put in for a new coach so as soon as that goes thru I will start posting over there. 

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 04:04:28 PM »

I have not missed one workout I am proud to say.

O0 O0 O0

Enter your email address: