Author Topic: Northwest Sly Bald Mini Con???????????  (Read 10940 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Northwest Sly Bald Mini Con???????????
« on: November 02, 2008, 05:50:44 PM »
There has been a little bit of talk of a Sly Bald Mini Con near Tacoma, WA.  BaldRob was supposed to be at Fort Lewis because of his job.  We were tenatively going to do it on a weekend but can't since his job is going to take him elsewhere on the weekends.

So BaldRob, I messaged you but you have not returned my message yet.  Hopefully you will see this post soon!  I am only available on Tuesday Dec 2nd and Wednesday Dec 3rd.  I was thinking of someplace near Lakewood, WA, which is adjacent to Fort Lewis.  I know that Time2Shine was interested in coming.  Marz, are you still out there?  To all our Oregon members, if this happens, you are still welcome to join us.  But with the potential night being on a weeknight, I know that may not happen.

So BaldRob, get back to me.  Maybe even give me your phone number so we can talk this over!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
Re: Northwest Sly Bald Mini Con???????????
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 07:58:26 PM »
Hmmmm,

I am surprised that there is no response on this.  BaldRob, are you out there and are you ok?  Get back to me soon.  But right now,  I am thinking that there may not be a NW Sly mini con.

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 08:20:53 PM »
Sorry, I've been busy with non-computer life lately. But I live in Portland, OR. and would love to try and do a mini-con.

Let's keep trying.
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 01:59:38 PM »
Well guys, here is my idea.  A few months ago, BaldRob told me he was going to be at Fort Lewis near Tacoma for some work.  So he had the idea of getting together.  Unfortunately, his schedule changed, so while he will still be up in the Northwest, it will not be on a weekend.  So I am thinking that maybe some of us could get together on Tuesday December 2nd in Lakewood, WA.  This is adjacent to Fort Lewis.  No specific plans have been made as of yet.  But I am wondering how many might be interested.  I realize that the day of the week might be a deal breaker for our Oregon Sly Guys.  But you are all still welcome to join us if it works out.  But it would be nice to have a count.  I do have an idea for a venue.  I am thinking of The Ram in Lakewood.  It is kind of a sportsgrill/brewpub kind of place.  But I have not contacted them yet.  What do you all think?  Rob, get back to me on this!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 01:06:51 PM »
The opportunity came up that I might bein the area around that time.  So go ahead and include me in on the activities.  I think it would be alot of fun as I had fun at the Chicago convention.  So come on guys....im sure there are others who can make it.  Its alot of fun trust me on this.

Timmay

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 06:38:45 PM »
Bald Rob and Marz, we need to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!!  Also, I can't think if there are any other Seattle area Sly Guys around.  If you Oregonian and SW Washington guys can make it on a weeknight....let me know!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 09:55:34 PM »
my plans are still up in the air...but if there is anyone out there that wants to get the chance to meet me..lol God Save You.....i might be there.

BaldRob

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 03:26:23 PM »
I'm in... On my end, my trip got shortened due to other conflicting work stuff and won't be staying the weekend... but if we can get some peeps together during the week, that would great!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 03:38:28 PM »
The opportunity came up that I might bein the area around that time.  So go ahead and include me in on the activities.  I think it would be alot of fun as I had fun at the Chicago convention.  So come on guys....im sure there are others who can make it.  Its alot of fun trust me on this.

Timmay

lock up the parking stops boys!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 03:45:47 PM »
hey b-rob:  let us know if it tops the 1st convention in chi-town.  hope U guys have a good one. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 03:52:38 PM »
I am only available on Tuesday Dec 2nd and Wednesday Dec 3rd.

I'm going to a work-related dinner on that Wednesday, so it would have to be Tuesday for me.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 11:55:19 PM »
Time2Shine, if you still want to carpool, we can do that.  I will give you a call soon!  Marz, are you out there?  It would be great to have you along too!  But if Timmay is there, we better call the police because the red and whites might get out of hand!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 12:01:27 AM »
OK, it looks like Tueday December 2nd looks good.  So how many takers do we have?  Let's make the count official and then we can make plans with a place to go.  But besides the place I mentioned earlier, would anyone have a problem with going to Hooters?  Or is that just too tacky?  While I am kind of a conservative guy and would NOT go into a strip joint, the Hooters girls might give us sly domed guys some cutsie, flirty attention!!   :@`

BaldRob

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 04:01:39 AM »
Hooters??  O0

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 05:40:18 AM »
Hooters! Im Game..

Enter your email address: