Author Topic: Facial tattoos.  (Read 23737 times)

Offline captain blackleg

• Sly Jr.
Re: Facial tattoos.
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2008, 10:07:04 PM »
First let me say I avoid this subforum like the plague, mostly because I know I'll come across as preachy and a know it all, which I try very hard to not be.

Anyways here's my thoughts on facial/neck tattoos. They should never be done on someone who isn't already heavily and publicly tattooed to begin with. Even if a person fits that criteria, I believe a tattoo artist has the obligation to talk with the person about the decision and feel them out to make sure the person is truly ready to live their life with ink above the neck. Any artist who doesn't do this, is in my opinion making a huge mistake and quite frankly, I'd want nothing to do with them as I see it as the artist's responsibility.

Now with all the preachiness aside, it works for some people. Some people are very well suited for it and are mentally capable of making that decision and I dig the look, but its a rare person who should go through with it, in my opinion.

At my bro's shop we've done a couple UV reactive tattoos on the face of other tattoo artists, it looked great and was hardly noticeable under normal light.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2008, 10:45:35 PM »
Doesn't sound preachy at all to me. Sounds like the voice of reason.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2008, 11:20:16 PM »

i agree bb. that was good sound advice in my opinion.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2008, 09:52:32 AM »

i agree bb. that was good sound advice in my opinion.

In agreement here too, excellent advice blackleg!

marty22

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2008, 09:56:40 AM »
To BootedBEar: great new pic.

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2008, 10:19:12 AM »
What I keep thinking as I read this thread is - While a facial tattoo may look "Radical" and all that when you're in your 20's or 30's - How will it look when you're 60 or 70? :-[

Offline Tat2nut

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2008, 10:31:19 AM »
I have been getting inked for over 40 years and many times thought I wanted to get something on my face.  I resisted while I was still working mainstream but I retired two months ago and one of the first things I did was to get a star inked on both earlobs.  Glad I waited but now that I have them I know they are for me.  Not sure if I will do more but also not sure I won't.
Tat2nut

Offline no1birdman

• No Jokes
  • Super Sly
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2008, 11:37:49 AM »
In my local paper tonight, there is a guy with a tatoo on his face , complaining thatVirgin will mot give him a job because of his looks.What a plonker, they are not discriminating him because of his looks but what he has done to them.He says it is personal to him to remind him of his uncle who has died, Why not keep a picture or some other treasured possesions like most of us do.Most firms have standards and if you want to front there company tatoos on your face are a no no. Why would anyone let someone draw on there face and expect anyone  to like them, what is the point of disfigering yourself,

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2008, 12:15:02 PM »
That makes sense to me.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2008, 07:57:34 AM »
As I have said, I have quite a collection of tats.  The shop that I go to has a rule, nothing above the shoulder. Nothng on the hands or  feet. I don't know it that is a state or city ruling.  But this one I agree with.  As I have gotten older, so of my tats have
blurred with time.  Some not a cool as they once were.  And yes, wrinkles to effect a tat.  Can you imagine tats on a wrinkled face?
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2008, 11:18:42 AM »
As I have said, I have quite a collection of tats.  The shop that I go to has a rule, nothing above the shoulder. Nothng on the hands or  feet. I don't know it that is a state or city ruling.  But this one I agree with. 

Don, I agree with this one bigtime. As a fan of tat's, and the owner of quite a few, I think anything above the neck is a no go. I just can't see it.

The only one's who should have them are the Maori's, as it is part of their culture, and takes many years to earn.

Enter your email address: