Author Topic: How long do you stay smooth?  (Read 15178 times)

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
Re: How long do you stay smooth?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2008, 12:28:59 PM »
At the moment I am shavin every second day. Hope my head toughens up as my scalp was quite tender yesterday. quite sandpapery today but not too noticeable (mainly cos there was hardly any hair left before I shaved anyway- hee hee)

It will be tender for the first few times, but once you get some sun on your scalp and get a good sunburn, youre ready for anything your razor can dish out. haha.

I usually last about 8-10 hours until i have a velcro-effect going on.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline ripped53

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 09:06:03 PM »
Hello all.  New guy... both to this forum, and to being a slick top.

I must be some kind of freak... I shave about 5:30 am, and by 9am I have about 1200 grit sandpaper going on.  By lunchtime, I have visible stubble.

I am still new to this, and don't get a perfectly close shave yet... but it is pretty smooth.

I do have very thick hair, and a full head of it, so it is difficult to keep it at bay.

I shaved for the first time on Friday, and headbladed it on Sunday.  I am really liking the headblade so far... it is very different than a normal razor, that is for sure.

Well, I shave from the front to the back in long strokes.  So, basically against the grain in the front, and with the grain in the back.
I am going to try both directions tomorrow, as well as the sensor 3 blades (I use a sensor razor normally on my face).
Even with that, I do get it pretty smooth.  I know I can get a closer shave with more practice though.

I am going to get some HeadSlick, and the HeadBlade shaving cream in the near future and see how that helps out.  I have heard nothing but good stuff about the HeadBlade products.

My story is very similar to yours, It was worse before trying headblade products.  Now that I use all headblade products and shavers secret I'd say I stay smooth until late afternoon.  Stuble is present by the time I get home (6-7pm).
Sly and Shiny......Ingrown hairs are my enemy....

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2008, 03:02:48 PM »
I shave it slick before work, and the first signs of roughness start 12 hours post shave, stubble at 18 hours, and velcro at 24 hours..... not enough for me to shave everyday, until my skin adjusts to the blade again.

Offline calbito

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2008, 05:39:01 PM »
Well, I'm at the other end of the spectrum.  I've only shaved my head about 3 or 4 times in my life, and each time it was with an electric razor (scared to death of blades).  The first day it is of course very smooth and  feels kind of rubbery, like my scalp is made out of latex.   The second day my scalp feels like it has a really thin crust on it, like some salt water had evaporated on it and left a micro-thin deposit of salt.  By the third day, I can feel the sandpaper.  Guess it's because I'm old and my hair grows slower than most people's.

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2008, 10:55:39 AM »
I stay pretty smooth for day 1, day 2 is sandpaper, and if I stretch it to day 3 it starts to feel like the lawn.

Offline Turk

• SBG Ambassador To The Youth!
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2008, 08:17:30 PM »
I shaved every day (sometimes more than once) for a while because I was new to the head shaving thing and loved the smooth dome feel. But recently, I've been having these disastrous screw-ups and I've been slicing my head up really bad because I'm in a hurry, so I usually only shave every other day (if that).

Since I leave for school at about 6:15, I shave about 5:30. Stubble's back by 1:00, and sandpaper shows up by the next morning.
I read the news today, oh boy. 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire. Vandalism much?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2008, 09:21:57 PM »

But recently, I've been having these disastrous screw-ups and I've been slicing my head up really bad because I'm in a hurry, so I usually only shave every other day (if that).

Try shaving just before you go to bed.  You'll get sandpapery a few hour earlier in the day, but it eliminates the need to rush through the shaving process in the morning.  As time goes by, you'll get more skilled at shaving and will also probably have less hair to shave, so it should go a little faster.

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2008, 01:09:03 PM »

Shave at the sink after shower:  Shave Secret + HB Atra Plus at 6:00am

Fine sandpaper by 6:00pm, but not bad.  I take longer than most to shave, but I haven't been able to cut any time off even after 1+yr. w/ a HB.  15 minutes, but it's smooo-ooo-oo-ooo-th when I'm done.

MLNHD
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2008, 02:11:04 PM »
About 12 hours after but not noticable by any one else for 24.

Offline ChefBaldie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2008, 06:56:12 PM »
I try to shave before bed because Im lazy and rush out the door. The only time Ive had a slice yet was rushing in the morning. :-[

If I shave at roughly 10pm by around noon I can feel the sandpaper, and by the time I shave again its like a furry little chia-pet sprouting on top of my head, but not on my neck. Around the ears and on the crown, but the Strip of neck will stay smooth for two days.
Cooking Bald

Mike

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2008, 03:44:42 PM »
When I first started shaving I would be smooth for maybe 8 hours. Now I dont know if its because I am getting old so I dont have as much hair to shave or if its because my hair is growing slower. Normally I shave at about 5:30-6 in the mornings and I dont get the sandpaper feel until around 9 or 10 at night.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2008, 03:46:53 PM »
When I first started shaving I would be smooth for maybe 8 hours. Now I dont know if its because I am getting old so I dont have as much hair to shave or if its because my hair is growing slower. Normally I shave at about 5:30-6 in the mornings and I dont get the sandpaper feel until around 9 or 10 at night.

Your shaving technique has probably improved; that's why you're staying smooth longer.

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2008, 08:00:09 AM »
Headblade shave at 7am, smooth for about 10 hours, straight razor shave at 7pm, smooth for 11 hours

Offline DaithiSean

• Sly
  • stern mode whilst trying to work my webcam
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2009, 05:44:33 AM »
Not long enough !!  :D

I find that when I shave my head in the morning - about 6 am i'm getting the sandpapery patches back by lunchtime.

There are times when I find myself having to shave twice a day.  However if I shave last thing at night the smoothness tends to last a little longer.

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2009, 06:16:00 AM »
Did anone try something like Ultra Hair Away for less shaving ? :-\
http://www.ultra-hairaway-hair-removal.com/hairawayga.htm?gclid=CObylLz775cCFQQI3wod4wtlCg

Enter your email address: