Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 609230 times)

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #960 on: April 26, 2018, 09:13:06 AM »
Depending on how think your hair is, it can take a while.  I had 12 sessions and then 2 more about a year later.  I have no shadow or dark spots. Only the gray hair I had still grows because lasers don’t work on gray/white hair.

What is interesting is that no one seems to have noticed that my shadow is gone.  My wife likes my completely bald look better than the shaved look. I do too.

Offline conshyguy

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #961 on: May 31, 2018, 05:34:14 PM »
THANK YOU ALL FOR SHARING...I WILL  BE MAKING ARRANGEMENTS SOON TO GET PROCESS STARTED IN HOPES OF GETTING ALL HAIR REMOVED

Offline muscleoscar

« Reply #962 on: June 09, 2018, 02:57:26 PM »
Does anyone know where can I have a scalp laser hair removal in Vancouver Canada?thanks

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #963 on: June 10, 2018, 12:20:23 PM »
wouldnt you get the same results if you shaved your head.

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #964 on: July 19, 2018, 01:15:36 PM »
Most of us want to get rid of any shadow. Im seriously thinking about tweezing again.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #965 on: July 22, 2018, 10:04:55 AM »
Laser treatments reduce or eliminate the shadow, but they do not remove gray / white hair, so you still have to shave (although less frequently) if you have a lot of gray/white hair.  The change in appearance can be transformational.  Instead of a visible hairline shadow, the scalp appears uniformly bald.   

Offline sasha1

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #966 on: August 07, 2018, 08:20:32 PM »
Depending on how think your hair is, it can take a while.  I had 12 sessions and then 2 more about a year later.  I have no shadow or dark spots.

what laser machine have you used?

i did already about 10 or more treatments, on different machines and laser types. still regrowing all the hairs (thin hairs after 2 month of no treatment, and then they become thicker and thicker)
sorry for my bad english

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #967 on: October 18, 2018, 11:06:35 PM »
the hair on myhead is mostly white/grey so it won't work for me.  But if it did work, I would do it.  My hair has gotten so thin and whispy that growing hair is no longer a realistic choice.  So, then I would rather it be completely gone because I don't like shaving myself.

I so get my scalp lasered several times a year anyway to remove pre-cancerous spots.  The pain really isn't all THAT bad.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #968 on: October 23, 2018, 11:21:31 AM »
the hair on myhead is mostly white/grey so it won't work for me.  But if it did work, I would do it.  My hair has gotten so thin and whispy that growing hair is no longer a realistic choice.  So, then I would rather it be completely gone because I don't like shaving myself.

I so get my scalp lasered several times a year anyway to remove pre-cancerous spots.  The pain really isn't all THAT bad.
i may do it. i'm prob 90% bald except a little on the side and back, which grows slowly. I have to shave 1-2x a week to stay looking smooth. for the right price, i would hang-up the razor for sure.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #969 on: October 23, 2018, 12:18:01 PM »
Chris, if you only have that little bit left, would it be worth it? It's a pain in the butt for us BBC guys that have an entire head to keep smooth! And I have to shave everyday because I like it completely smooth.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 03:59:26 PM by reddog »
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #970 on: October 23, 2018, 03:05:35 PM »
does it cost a lot to have that done.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #971 on: October 23, 2018, 04:41:42 PM »
Chris, if you only have that little bit left, would it be worth it? It's a pain in the butt for us BBC guys that have an entire head to keep smooth! And I have to shave everyday because I like it completely smooth.
i guess I'm lazy. If I could goto zero maintenance and stay completely smooth, I would be happy. once in a while, I'll skip miss a few shaves and wake up with the dreaded toilet seat, which looks sick on me. figure just finish what nature started.  LOL

Offline CormacUK

« Reply #972 on: November 02, 2018, 07:58:16 AM »
I'm looking to go through this process. Has anyone in the UK had a good laser hair removal experience at a particular clinic? Please let me know if you know of anywhere. I'd rather not be a guinea pig at a place where it's been never before done.

I am in my 20s, and have lost a substantial amount of my hair. I have pale skin and dark hair. I would like as little shadow as possible, but cannot face shaving my head day in day out any longer. I don't like the idea of multiple laser treatments over a long period - especially not with patchy hair in between. But compared to having to continue to shave, it seems well worth it to me.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #973 on: November 02, 2018, 08:03:44 AM »
I would love to have a head free of hair/shadow.
Maybe one day I'm going to have the guts to make this permanently,seems like it's a long process.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 08:06:55 AM by Tony Dadá »

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #974 on: November 02, 2018, 12:44:32 PM »
If laser removal was low cost; it was painless; and permeant, I would jump on it. I guess it appeals to my lazy side. Plus, one less task to do mornings, etc.

Otherwise, prob not. Using the old Gillette still works fine.  can do it without looking.

Enter your email address: