Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 605593 times)

Offline yasa

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #765 on: March 04, 2014, 05:37:17 PM »
Greetings everybody,

Just had my 3rd treatment last week and this time they turned it up a couple of notches.. and boyy did it hurtt.. The first two treatments my head literally looked like a pumpkin and was red and swollen for about 5 days, this time around there was a lot less redness and the swelling was gone after only 1 day. Probably because the less hair there is left the less impact

I have been seeing some great results after only 3 treatments, the sides are now almost completely gone (about 40 % left ) and i have about 30 percent left on the top. I have had less progression on the back of my head but that is probably because there was a lot more hair there to begin with..  The downsides so far are the costs and the patches obviously.. but so far i am very happy i decided to go through with this, cant wait for the next treatment.

@San cisco, whats up mate ? Still happy with the results ? No regrowth so far ? You already had your last treatment right ?

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #766 on: March 06, 2014, 10:29:17 AM »
Hey Yasa, my friend, hows it going?

Yeah mate, couldnt be happier with the results.

I was supposed to have my last session done a couple weeks ago, but at that time I still had no hair at all.. So decided to postpone it (about 3 weeks from today).

I have around 5% hair left, but the cool part is that the remaining is so thin that I cant barely see it even 3/4 days after shaving it.
So you see I could definitely stop the Laser treatments by now, altough Im quite a perfectionist.

Another cool thing is that these days each Blade run for at least 2 months when they used to last around 1 week.. Money baby!  ;D
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #767 on: March 06, 2014, 01:26:41 PM »
You guys are brave!

Offline yasa

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #768 on: March 06, 2014, 03:37:04 PM »
@sancisco thats good to hear mate.. i am doing fine.. glad everything worked out so great for you gives me even more confidence for my end results 8)

so how many treatments did you end up having ?

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #769 on: March 10, 2014, 09:59:43 AM »
@Yasa, I will end up having 12 sessions.

Having read a few other testimonials, I think thats pretty much the standard.

O0
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline fewef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #770 on: March 13, 2014, 06:38:51 AM »
Greetings everybody,

Just had my 3rd treatment last week and this time they turned it up a couple of notches.. and boyy did it hurtt.. The first two treatments my head literally looked like a pumpkin and was red and swollen for about 5 days, this time around there was a lot less redness and the swelling was gone after only 1 day. Probably because the less hair there is left the less impact

I have been seeing some great results after only 3 treatments, the sides are now almost completely gone (about 40 % left ) and i have about 30 percent left on the top. I have had less progression on the back of my head but that is probably because there was a lot more hair there to begin with..  The downsides so far are the costs and the patches obviously.. but so far i am very happy i decided to go through with this, cant wait for the next treatment.

I've had the same experience. The back definitely goes slower. I went through 6 sessions, and now, being 1,5 months after (should go for the 7-th), I shaved just once, and the rest hair doesn't that affect the look. Alexandrite was definitely the best choice, never had any problems with it, and very effective. The other clinics did it and for some reason it made burnt hair staying for long time and yet regrowing. So different lasers work differently.
I heard one interesting opinion you should make it on closing moon (sorry for my english).
I'm interested in using epilator when I have little hair left.

Does the lasered look looks better? In my opinion, it mostly looks better than the horseshoe. First of all, it looks different than most balding men, and cleaner from the back. As if you're balding, the front looks ok (totally bald), but the back ughhh... everyone sees you have that sh*t you can't get rid of even with shaving. And you can't choose the haircut, mother nature chose that silly patch, which looks bad. As it doesn't serve any function anymore. You kind of stuck with what you've got. it also looks "dirty", in my opinion. I never enjoyed wearing it. Some men look good with it, but those would look good with anything.
The lasered look also looks not quite normal, no doubt about it. But still, it's kind of a choice. The horseshoe also frames the head look, it affects perception of the head and even shape. The worst part is that everyone sees you have to deal with it and it's not a choice, so you're weak. Lasered look looks like a retarded, but it's a choice. No-one can say for sure if you removed all your hair altogether? Or just shaving like a crazy.

Pre - and after 6 sessions (shaved just once or two).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:52:13 AM by fewef »

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #771 on: March 13, 2014, 07:36:40 AM »
Nice job, fewef! The horseshoe looks a lot less pronounced in the second picture, but I guess after the 12 treatments, the horseshoe will be almost nonexistent.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #772 on: March 13, 2014, 07:53:18 AM »
Fewef,
I see great improvements!!

The thing is, it looks like the first picture was taken during summer, and the second one is obviously a recent one, during winter I suppose.

Its quite an unfair comparison, as your skin color in the first picture looks better, but when combined with the younger look of not having the horseshoe shadow, its a winner!  O0
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline fewef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #773 on: March 13, 2014, 03:24:24 PM »
Thank you! :) I want to go max to 8 sessions, What do you think about using epilator for those? How many sessions did you need that your hair shadow went away and only fine hairs have left?

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #774 on: March 13, 2014, 06:46:23 PM »
No clue on the epilator thing..  Wouldnt be my choice though!

Anyway, you intend to epilate your scalp everyweek for the next 20 years? Lol
I guess its worth a couple more sessions and have the whole thing done permanently.
Just my 2 cents mate!

Good luck  O0
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline Joaooo

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #775 on: March 14, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
Hello

I have thinking about this with laser removal on My head for many years but I live in Sweden and had never heard about this option here.

My question is what is the best laser option for this?

I think you have allready talked about it,  52 pages and im getting blind Soon on My iphone hehe :D

Hope u Can help me Guys with that question
Best regards

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #776 on: March 14, 2014, 05:34:32 PM »
This is as simple as it gets:

1) Light/ Olive skin - Alexandrite Laser
2) Dark/ Very Dark skin - YAG Laser

Just find a clinic that provides the Laser suiting your skin type.

Good Luck.
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline fewef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #777 on: March 14, 2014, 06:40:13 PM »
Hello

I have thinking about this with laser removal on My head for many years but I live in Sweden and had never heard about this option here.

My question is what is the best laser option for this?

I think you have allready talked about it,  52 pages and im getting blind Soon on My iphone hehe :D

Hope u Can help me Guys with that question
Best regards

For me it was alexandrite. But it also depends on particular one. I just had 3 sessions with another one, and it was leaving burns, long recover, and regrowing hairs. But another one was less painful, faster recover and more effective.

Offline techmed

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #778 on: March 16, 2014, 11:05:24 AM »
I've been shaving my head for years and was thinking of the laser. I finally decided to go for it. I've had 6 treatments so far and almost all my hair are gone. Just a little left on the back. It might seem crazy to a lot of you but i was not balding at all. I had a full head of hair. Just loved the bald look that I decided to get rid of the hair all together. I am so happy I did it. The best way to get it done for me is to apply EMLA cream about an hour before the treatment and not have any drink with caffeine a few hours before.

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #779 on: March 25, 2014, 06:24:43 AM »
Just stopped by to say that Im having my last session in 2 days.

The whole process lasted for about 24 months.. And Im REALLY glad its finally over.
It was wayy longer than what I expected.. thank god it was worth it!!

Wish you guys the best of luck!
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Enter your email address: