Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 605853 times)

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #615 on: September 06, 2012, 04:25:28 AM »
In the US laser hair removal on the scalp seems to be a normal thing because many studios really promote this service. 

Welcome Tim,

Although "many studios really promote this service" I've never met a guy who had it done or considered it. And I know a lot of bald guys. The studios may be promoting it, still in hopes of finding a willing client base. If I were interested personally, I would be very wary as this seems far from mainstream and I would not care to be the "learning opportunity" for someone else.

Just my two cents ... which are better spent on a razor and HeadSlick than lasering.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline the balder the better

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #616 on: September 06, 2012, 06:13:23 AM »
If I were interested personally, I would be very wary as this seems far from mainstream and I would not care to be the "learning opportunity" for someone else.

Thanks FrontierGuy. You're absolutely right. If it does not proove that this is really safe and there is no real risk on negative side effects, this is not really an option. I definitely keep shaving - which I also like anyway - letting my head burn or running around with scars.

I'll definitely stay tuned to this topic. And if I'll find a solution to make me bald for good, I will take this chance, that's for sure. But does not seem so easy as I thought.

Offline yelloboy32

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't talk about it, Be about it
    • Williams On Sports
« Reply #617 on: September 06, 2012, 08:08:38 AM »
I know a few guys on here and I know a few personally who have gone the laser route and it appears that 85% have positive results. I am BBC and to consider laser hair removal would be a long painful process, one that I am still uneasy about pursuing.

The choices we have to make.....lol.
"Success is a journey, not a destination...the doing is more important than the outcome". -Arthur Ashe

Offline the balder the better

« Reply #618 on: September 06, 2012, 08:45:07 AM »
The choices we have to make.....lol.

Bald choices are important choices!  ;D

When have those guys that you know personally finished their treatments. Are there some that are 2 or 3 years permanently bald without any negative side effects ever since? And did the hair really not grow back?

I am not so much bothered with the pain but more with the risk of being burned or getting scars etc.

Offline head/heels

« Reply #619 on: September 08, 2012, 11:55:45 AM »
Long time lurker, first time poster....
Can anyone tell me the difference between IPL vs YAG vs Alexandrite lasers for someone with an easily tanning white guy with dark hair.
I am confused on the subject and all the research I have done seems to be for the non scalp.
Thanks

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #620 on: September 25, 2012, 06:35:36 PM »
I documented my experiences on the board 2+ years ago with some updates since.  Answers:

* The hair grows back.  It's just a lot thinner and easier to shave.  Also, I only shave once every three days or so and no shadow in between shaves.

* No negative side effects after finishing the treatments.  None.

* Reaction of friends and family during the process.  They thought it was an extreme thing to do.  Probably because I kept talking about how painful it was.  No one talks about it now.

* I would definitely do it again.  My hair was super-thick and hard to shave and I spent a lot of time worrying about shadow.  Very happy to be free of that.

Did the hair really not grow back?

Were there any negative side effects that came out after finishing the treatments?

How was the reaction of family, friends and co-workers when you told them of that and whilst you were in the middle of the process?

... and most importanly, would you do it again?  ;D

Thanks so much already for your feedback. Really glad I found this place to discusss with like-minded guys.

Tim

theman

« Reply #621 on: October 07, 2012, 12:09:16 PM »
I saw this thread and there is a item that runs about 300 bucks called a NoNo that removes hair.  To me I love shaving to much . 

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #622 on: November 08, 2012, 11:41:59 AM »
Just finished my 3 treatment.
This time was around 15 minutes and nowhere near as painful as the 1st and 2nd ones.

Machine: Candela - GentleLaser Pro 18 mm (power 13)

Whats your current power settings?
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline RichW

« Reply #623 on: November 17, 2012, 08:10:16 PM »
I've always looked around this posting, but never shared any pictures.  The picture I posted is about 2 days after my 14th visit to American Laser Center.  I ended up going 18 times, but the remaining hair would not fall out.  It's been just over a year since I gave up on Laser and the hair on the back and sides has grown back and it looks like a typical 70 year old with male pattern baldness.  Has anyone else had a similar experience? 

marty22

« Reply #624 on: November 17, 2012, 09:32:41 PM »
same problem here-u may contact me.

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #625 on: November 18, 2012, 01:39:01 PM »
Hey RichW,
I am sorry to hear about your problem and here's my best advice.
Go check another clinic and give this Laser a try - Candela GentleLase Pro 18 mm.

Today is the 10th day after my 3rd treatment and I couldnt be happier.
I can stay easily 48 hours without shaving, and still be shadow free.

I believe that 3 more treatments will do the job for me (Im 29 years old by the way).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:06:11 PM by San Cisco »
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline Itall

• Super Sly
« Reply #626 on: November 24, 2012, 12:26:19 AM »

Hey RichW,
I am sorry to hear about your problem and here's my best advice.
Go check another clinic and give this Laser a try - Candela GentleLase Pro 18 mm.

Today is the 10th day after my 3rd treatment and I couldnt be happier.
I can stay easily 48 hours without shaving, and still be shadow free.

I believe that 3 more treatments will do the job for me (Im 24 years old by the way).

I agree. I have had heat success with laser treatment. The first few left me looking like u but with persistence I now have no shadow and stay very smooth. You can pm if u want.

Offline baldeagle

« Reply #627 on: December 20, 2012, 03:53:16 AM »

Shadow free is the only reason I would think its a good idea so I think 2013 is the year I do for the proper job.

I'm currently torn between laser haor removal and hair tattoo, however the hair tattoo option  is a little more worrying and expensive.

Cheers

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
« Reply #628 on: December 20, 2012, 09:33:30 AM »

Shadow free is the only reason I would think its a good idea so I think 2013 is the year I do for the proper job.

I'm currently torn between laser haor removal and hair tattoo, however the hair tattoo option  is a little more worrying and expensive.

Cheers

I don't get the hair tattoo thing... it's basically a subderminal toupee... plus, it looks better when there's little shadow than when there's a full head of it.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #629 on: December 20, 2012, 11:07:49 AM »

Cheers
Remember, tattoos do blur over time, so you'll wind up with a smudge on top of a bald head--doesn't make sense to me.