Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 608923 times)

Offline Schicksal

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #600 on: May 24, 2012, 02:08:44 AM »
Great to get some real information here. I love the sly/bald look, but unfortunately shaving is tends to irritate my scalp (I have always had a sensitive scalp). I've enquired at a few laser centres (in Berlin), but most places don't seem to want to handle scalp hair.

sk1tz0

« Reply #601 on: June 01, 2012, 10:41:14 AM »
So I finally got around to taking some snaps of the patches.  Hope you guys can see what I mean.  Next session is tomorrow, will follow with more snaps after that session.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:57:29 AM by sk1tz0 »

marty22

« Reply #602 on: June 01, 2012, 03:39:15 PM »
are you satisfied?

sk1tz0

« Reply #603 on: June 01, 2012, 05:21:51 PM »
I really am so far.  I will let you know tomorrow after the session, who knows maybe I will get burned this time.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:57:48 AM by sk1tz0 »

sk1tz0

« Reply #604 on: June 02, 2012, 02:29:37 PM »
Just got back from session two.  First session was on 8.0, today was only at 8.2.  Everything feels the same as it did the first time.  Pointless posting pictures right now but will post some in two weeks as that's how long it took the first time to start seeing results.

sk1tz0

« Reply #605 on: June 03, 2012, 04:31:04 PM »
Day two after the second session.  Parts of my head are red and a bit swollen LOL.

marty22

« Reply #606 on: June 03, 2012, 04:36:58 PM »
do u have a before pic that we can compare to? It's gonna be red by the way for up to 7-10 days....

Offline kokyman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #607 on: June 05, 2012, 03:27:34 AM »
Day two after the second session.  Parts of my head are red and a bit swollen LOL.
đ

Sk1tz0,

how much do you pay for a session?

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #608 on: June 08, 2012, 11:39:09 AM »
This topic scares the living sh*t out of me...
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

sk1tz0

« Reply #609 on: June 09, 2012, 04:00:04 PM »
Going to think I am crazy but I pay 250 for four sessions and the fifth one is free.  Its going to be a lot by the time I am done that is for sure.

I thought at first it was a scary thing but it really is not, once you make it through the first session you find yourself impatient in waiting for the next appointment.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 04:01:54 PM by sk1tz0 »

Offline TXironman

« Reply #610 on: June 13, 2012, 08:47:34 AM »
I thought I'd chime in here as I have a bit of experience with laser hair removal, just none on the scalp (yet).
I've been going bald since right after I turned 17!! And I LOVE being bald. Just hate shaving, so I too am looking to get laser removal on my scalp.

I started getting free laser hair removal when my roommate's mom became the manager of a local laser removal store and they needed to train new employees.
So I had my arms,  my neck, my legs, even my nether regions!

Anyways, that was 4-5 years ago now and was completely different than current methods. Back then the lasers were only about the size/diameter of a DIME! Now they're bigger, roughly 2" wide by .5" thick I'd say. So the whole process is much faster. And it really seems less painful now. versus back then.

But everything depends on your complexion, how tan you are, how thick and dark your hair is and how sensitive your skin is.

So the best time to get laser hair removal if you're paying for it is near the end of winter when your summer tan has faded. That way they can increase the lasers intensity so that each treatment is more effective.   That's exactly what I'm planning on doing this winter. Also, if you're going in for one treatment area you might as well try to get them to discount other areas and get everything done at once. I was getting my legs, arms, chest, back,  and neck done each time and it only took about 15-20 minutes. I got everything done because it was free, and it doesn't completely remove your hair unless you do 5+ treatments.

sk1tz0

« Reply #611 on: July 03, 2012, 08:17:27 PM »
Can't believe I have went for three sessions already.  Just went for another session on June 29th and this time it hurt like no other time.  Way more swelling, way more redness, but it subsided again within three days and I am happy once again.  I am really starting to notice the difference and am so eager to continue.  Next session is on July 25th.

marty22

« Reply #612 on: July 03, 2012, 08:30:39 PM »
go for it!

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #613 on: August 04, 2012, 11:13:39 PM »
Have been through the first treatment - 7 days ago - and indeed it hurts a lot.

After 36 hours all the redness was gone, but I cant really notice much difference on the hair strengh so far.

Unfortunately, the power was set at 12 (as it was the first session). I will make sure I get a more powerfull setting next time!

I'll keep you posted
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline the balder the better

« Reply #614 on: September 06, 2012, 03:40:52 AM »
Hello guys, my name is Tim and I am new to this forum. I shaved my head completely bald back in 2001 for the first time. Since than I have been occassionally slick bald, somtimes for weeks, sometimes for months, but never longer than 3-4 months in a row. Now I am slick bald again since the beginning of this week. In the phases between I let my hair grow, but very short, trimming it with an electrical clipper.

The reason for starting shaving was that I started to loose hair in my early twenties. So far I'd say 40 % of my hair is gone already. I have always been fascinated by the thought to get rid of the remaining rest permanently. After doing quite a lot of reasearch, lasering seems the only thing that comes into consideration.

I'm from Europe and the problem ist that you will hardly find any studio that offers this service for the scalp here. Most of them explicitly exclude this. I've talked to some of the owners and the main reason is always that I could probably want my hair back after some time. This is kind of wired to me because if I decide to go permanently bald I am fully aware that this meens that the hair doesn't grow back anymore. In the US laser hair removal on the scalp seems to be a normal thing because many studios really promote this service. 

I am glad I found this forum and I already got a lot of good input from this single thread here. Some guys who went to the whole process of getting their scalp hair lasered completely obviously stopped posting at one point. In case that there is anybody out there who got his scalp lasered and is permanently bald for a year or more now I would highly appreciate a feedback on his experiences.

Did the hair really not grow back?

Were there any negative side effects that came out after finishing the treatments?

How was the reaction of family, friends and co-workers when you told them of that and whilst you were in the middle of the process?

... and most importanly, would you do it again?  ;D

Thanks so much already for your feedback. Really glad I found this place to discusss with like-minded guys.

Tim

Enter your email address: