Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 605790 times)

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #285 on: February 04, 2010, 07:54:32 PM »
To me, the results of the hair loss look like they are related to the job the technicans did and not how the skin responds to having a laser try and destroy follicles.   The hair loss in these procedures is never anything close to even, it always shows baldness in spots.  It looks like the technician uses a 3/4"diameter laser and you can see the pattern they used when tapping the scalp.  Why don't they apply the laser to the entire scalp?  Do they intentionally avoid hitting the same skin twice in one session? Even if that's a "yes" there's still a big gap between spots.  If they really do treat the entire scalp then I'd like to know why you'll get a circle with nearly 100% initial success while right next to it you have a 0% success, etc.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #286 on: February 10, 2010, 11:42:14 AM »
I have to agree with Rusty.  There were no "spots" or similar artifacts after my treatments--even after treatment 1.  The hair was just a lot thinner with a few thicker patches.  No one guessed or would have guessed that I was undergoing a hair removal procedure.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #287 on: February 12, 2010, 07:02:52 PM »
I have to agree with Rusty.  There were no "spots" or similar artifacts after my treatments--even after treatment 1.  The hair was just a lot thinner with a few thicker patches.  No one guessed or would have guessed that I was undergoing a hair removal procedure.

It looks to me like the tech skipped half the scalp.  Over the course of more treatments that's going to go away, but I'd be mad at spending the money for having the entire scalp treated and only getting half of what I paid for.

I must sound completely bipolar on this thread.  On the one hand I'd love to have this done, but all I seem to do is find reasons to complain about it.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline smilto

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #288 on: February 15, 2010, 04:14:21 PM »
I had my first zap feb. 12,how long will my scalp be rough and dry feeling?

Offline TheSlyKang

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy & hot chic
« Reply #289 on: February 15, 2010, 07:09:51 PM »
A friend of mine had similar spotty patterns on his head after his laser sessions. I think it has to do with the technique of the technician. My tech uses a pen to draw cross sections on my head (like tic tac toe patterns). She goes over each session front to back and then again side to side. So theoretically she lasers everything twice. She does this to ensure the laser gets everything. I used the licocaine numbing cream but can't tell that it helps any. In fact for my recent 3rd tx I didnt even use it. I just picked up a 10 lb. bag of ice on the way and used that during the numerous breaks I had to take during the hour of lasering. I paid $200 for my first tx and am paying $150 for the rest of the treatments. Hopefully 2 or 3 more will do it. Still shave daily to get the gray and smooth the dome. But it is much quicker and easier to shave with much less irritation. And it stays shiny and smooth as glass all day. Anyway, with spot patterns or not, as long as we are smooth and happy in the end, we can live with it.
Permanently Bald By Choice - PBBC
Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy and the hot chick!

Offline smilto

« Reply #290 on: February 15, 2010, 07:18:32 PM »
So kang what was the condition of your head after your first session?

Offline TheSlyKang

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy & hot chic
« Reply #291 on: February 16, 2010, 07:29:25 PM »
Tender like a bad sunburn for a day or two. Then felt bruised for a few days after that. Hair continued to grow like usual for about 10 or 12 days then I could tell that I had less hair coming in. Head wasnt nearly as sore after 2nd tx and not at all after 3rd tx.
Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy and the hot chick!

Offline smilto

« Reply #292 on: February 16, 2010, 07:46:58 PM »
Thanks for the info bro, mine isn't sore anymore but every one of my folicles is a bump now have any of you had this?

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #293 on: February 17, 2010, 10:38:18 PM »
I had a bit of this.  Using a loofa under the water while I showered smoothed everything out.

Offline Jez

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #294 on: February 18, 2010, 11:50:40 AM »
Hi guyz. Havent posted on the forum for a long time but just wanted to give an update on my current situation. I have been having laser hair removal done on my scalp for just over a year now. Apart from the indescribable pain, it has been going fairly well. The only problem i am having, which became evident about 2 or 3 sessions in, is that i have a few strange patches on my head that are not responding as well as the rest. They are very strange because they have nothing to do with the technique used, one of the patches is a perfect square on the back of my head about 3 inches high and wide. Because of these patches ive had 2 or 3 touch up sessions just to try and get rid of them. So about 6 weeks ago my head was virtually clear and all of the patches were gone. Then all of a sudden all of the patches, even the ones that hadn't been there for months started growing back at the same time. Not as dark or as thick as they once were. So today ive just officially had my 6th treatment (not including touch ups) and the technician told me that we should wait 12 weeks and basically whats left by then is all i am going to have, as he says after 6 sessions there is a chance that the hair will start to grow back. Now, knowing how hard these patches have been to try and get rid of, i am seriously worried that at the end of it all i am going to be left with a very patchy head, and the problem is that they arent the kind of patches where you can shave and not see them. Even when i shave against the grain they are very easy to see. hopefully at some point they just disappear.

marty22

« Reply #295 on: February 18, 2010, 12:00:23 PM »
it takes quite a bit of time to get it right. thats why I advise people to give themslelves a real MPB look (via laser) at lst. touch-ups took me as much as 2-3 years to get it right. I applaud anyone who has the balls to do this.

Offline Jez

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #296 on: February 18, 2010, 12:44:37 PM »
when you say touch ups took you as much as 2-3 years to get right, isnt there a danger that over that length of time the hair will start to grow back

Offline Jez

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #297 on: February 18, 2010, 01:00:50 PM »

Ouch

Offline smilto

« Reply #298 on: February 18, 2010, 06:28:11 PM »
I had a bit of this.  Using a loofa under the water while I showered smoothed everything out.
Ill try it but it seems like that will irritate it worse.

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #299 on: February 18, 2010, 06:56:17 PM »
   YIKES :: Just old fashion shaving for me.............. O0