Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 605739 times)

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #270 on: December 22, 2009, 08:55:42 AM »
Looks great Petree - - -No more shaving - - I enjoy shaving though - -I have the time and I look forward to feeling my smooth dome after shaving it

Offline K2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #271 on: December 28, 2009, 11:58:19 PM »
Hey guys. My 4th treatment is about healed so ill be posting pics in the next day or two. I can actually go almost a whole day now and it stays smooth as a babies bottom.... I shaved it at 730am and did not feel stubble at all until about 8pm. Matter of fact is it 11pm right now and I would say that 70-80% of my head is stubble free.

I do not see how some of you had 20min sessions. I'm part of the hour club.. 1hr 5 min for my last session. When I used that numbing creme it actually hurt more. I knew it was working though because she had an icepack on my head and I could not feel the cold.

I still get those sort of head zits too while it is healing, It takes them about 10 days to fully go away and then I just have to sit and wait a few more weeks until I can start the cycle again. I believe my next treatment is Mid/Late January. I cannot wait until I am fully done.

marty22

« Reply #272 on: December 29, 2009, 06:56:02 AM »
keep us posted! happy Holidays!

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #273 on: December 30, 2009, 10:59:38 AM »
yea post those pics k2s! so your down to no stubble in a day. thats good. for some reason mine is like that too. how about the shadow on the sides? have you gotten rid of it?

B
Watch the stars turn into nothing

Offline K2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #274 on: January 02, 2010, 11:29:31 AM »
Petree - I really do not notice a shadow anymore at all. Just the normal wrinkles of the head such as the widows peak and stuff like that. I still do shave it daily and like I said, I don't think the stubble has enough time to grow in thick enough to really cause a shadow.

I think there is still growth that is there but under the skin if you get what i'm saying???? The hair is growing but not long enough to feel on the scalp... I hope that eventually when all treatments are done, that my scalp will lighten up a bit more.

Pics.... 3 days of growth after letting it heal... 4 treatments so far

« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 09:05:33 PM by K2 »

Offline HAIRLESSHUEY

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #275 on: January 16, 2010, 08:14:17 PM »
that looks pretty bad ass just like it is k2

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #276 on: January 18, 2010, 02:34:36 PM »
From the looks of your beard Ta2 i'm guessing your hair is totally white/grey. I understand that it is not possible to laser grey hair.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #277 on: January 18, 2010, 03:30:54 PM »

I have considered hair removal and am told that lasering it would be very likely to destroy tattoos.

So the moral of the story is, laser your head before you get it tattooed?   ;) I'll have to remember that.

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2010, 11:54:53 PM »
laser is definitely not an option for you since your head is tattood and also from the white hairs. From what I read electrolysis requires the operator to specifically target EACH and every hair on your head so it will take a loooong time and I heard that it is painful. Laser hair removal is painful as well but the better option for hair removal than electrolysis in the literature Ive read online.

Offline calibaldguy

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #279 on: January 22, 2010, 07:05:53 AM »
Hi petree im looking into south coast med spa as well. How long in between appointments can you schedule? It looks like the results are favorable after just one visit. I was looking into starting at the beginning of feb and hopefully have 5 treatments done before july because im an avid beach goer and surfer. Keep us all posted, I really want to get this done but im just skeptical on how the final result ends up. If I could shave my head every other day instead of every day or even twice a day i would consider it to be worth it.

Offline K2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #280 on: January 23, 2010, 06:55:12 AM »
Well dudes I just got my 5th treatment on Wed. I prepped myself this time my taking an 800mg Motrin about 45 min before my treatment. I then went in and sat with the NEW and IMPROVED numbing agent on my head for about 30 min. If you guys read my old posts, the old numbing agent actually seemed to make my treatment more painful. Then right when she was about to start I popped another 800mg motrin.

She also slowed down the laser a bit so the treatment still took around an hour but I only needed about 10-15 pauses. When I say pauses I mean about 5-10 sec each time. There were also areas of my head that I could hear the laser clicking but I did not feel anything at all.

My recommendation to anyone who decides to do it. Make sure the person doing the treatment only removes the numbing gel from the area they are about to work on. This seemed to be the factor this time. Last time she removed it all from my head and after removal it is only supposed to last 30-45 min. So those of us in the 60-75 min time frame..........screwed! Hopefully in about 10-12 days I'll have some wicked cool pics and since it is my 5th treatment I am hoping to see a drastic improvement.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #281 on: January 28, 2010, 09:29:06 PM »
Petree - I really do not notice a shadow anymore at all. Just the normal wrinkles of the head such as the widows peak and stuff like that. I still do shave it daily and like I said, I don't think the stubble has enough time to grow in thick enough to really cause a shadow.

I think there is still growth that is there but under the skin if you get what i'm saying???? The hair is growing but not long enough to feel on the scalp... I hope that eventually when all treatments are done, that my scalp will lighten up a bit more.

Pics.... 3 days of growth after letting it heal... 4 treatments so far

I'm interested in this process, but those photos aren't striking me the right way.  This is the 4th treatment but it looks like you have bald spots surrounded with hair follicles that are just as dense as on my untreated head.  I would expect to see more after 4 procedures and all the time it takes toget to a 4th treatment.  I know hairs go dorment and cannot be killed, but shouldn't your remaining hair be a lot thinnner at this point?

It does seem like the top of your scalp is getting a lot balder because your avatar shows a dark shadow up there, but the sides.... I dunno.  I'm sure iit will get a lot betttwer with further treatments and will certainly look better than being untreated.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #282 on: January 28, 2010, 09:35:19 PM »
A couple months ago I read an article that said women really do wrinkler easier than men, and the theory behind this is that the beard hair follicles structures and the extra blood supply it requires over hair-free skin thicken the skin and makes it more resistent to the wrinkling of age.  This has me wondering what will happen to you guys over the decades if you have laser hair removal.  Will it cause the skin to atrophy and become thinner?

I'd be curious to compare the scalps of old guy with decades of alopecia to old guys that shave their heads.   
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline K2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #283 on: January 31, 2010, 03:59:21 PM »
Ill get back to you in 50 yrs :)

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #284 on: February 01, 2010, 03:35:43 PM »
Some of you guys are thinking waaaaay too far into it. The laser targets melanin so noting happens to the skin, the skin would have no reason to change (not addressing the whole pigmentation that melanin brings and blood vessels). And decades are decades. Everybody has different skin and everybody's skin ages differently.

Regardless, here are a few photos from Session 2, Day 18.

This is with 3 days of growth on it. Razors are starting to last much longer which is nice.

I decided to take some photos today with it shaved so you can see the diff, so we are ~22 days after treatment 2 and this is what it looks like shaved.

and outside natural light, keep in mind my head hasn't seen any sun for months because of this so it is super white. a nice tan when i am through will be nice!

B

B
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 07:36:37 PM by petree dish »

Enter your email address: