Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 609860 times)

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #255 on: December 10, 2009, 01:23:29 AM »
I was pretty bald on the top there so that is not from the laser much.
Watch the stars turn into nothing

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #256 on: December 10, 2009, 10:38:38 AM »
interesting pics.  you can definately see the zap marks, so it's working.  i had one session last april and didn't notice much of anything. have a spot up front and one in the crown area but other than that nothing happened. may give it another shot in the spring.

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #257 on: December 10, 2009, 01:53:47 PM »
If your hair starts falling out like mine your gonna want to finish the deal. I'm lucky in that I can wear hats for my job and I don't have to keep my hair super short everyday.

Offline Stage

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2009, 10:32:24 AM »
Hey guys,

just sitting in the waiting room, with the anesthetic creme on my head, ready for getting it done.

This is the first treatment, so I'm really curious. Btw. I'm 29, from Slovakia (somewhere in Europe ;-) ), working as a consultant. So the most important worry is the "cheetah look" during the transition period in front of our clients. It's gonna be fun.

Of course they haven't done scalp till now here, it's pretty unusual. They have also changed the legal disclaimer for me to really confirm that I'm aware I won't have any scalp hair anymore. This forum thread helped me to decide, so thank you all for sharing.

Will post some photos later.

Cheers

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #259 on: December 14, 2009, 12:29:52 PM »
Hey guys,

just sitting in the waiting room, with the anesthetic creme on my head, ready for getting it done.

This is the first treatment, so I'm really curious. Btw. I'm 29, from Slovakia (somewhere in Europe ;-) ), working as a consultant. So the most important worry is the "cheetah look" during the transition period in front of our clients. It's gonna be fun.

Of course they haven't done scalp till now here, it's pretty unusual. They have also changed the legal disclaimer for me to really confirm that I'm aware I won't have any scalp hair anymore. This forum thread helped me to decide, so thank you all for sharing.

Will post some photos later.

Cheers
Welcome!  When you get done, post up an intro and share  your pics.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Stage

« Reply #260 on: December 14, 2009, 01:18:53 PM »
OK, it's done.

Most important fact - hurts like hell. I mean it. Hurts. Took roughly half an hour.

Fact #2 - got a red head. My wife said it looks like I have a red hat on. Curious about how it's gonna look in the morning. I'm having done a new ID card tomorrow morning with a new photo, so maybe they're gonna be surprised.

Gonna get some photos.

Tyler - thanks for welcome message.

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #261 on: December 14, 2009, 01:31:17 PM »
Thanks for the update, keep us posted and good luck with recovering from the irritation!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

marty22

« Reply #262 on: December 14, 2009, 03:49:53 PM »
give it a week or so and the redness will diminish. allow 14-21 days to see full results.

Offline TheSlyKang

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy & hot chic
« Reply #263 on: December 15, 2009, 08:27:04 PM »
Had my second treatment done this evening ($150). Took an hour and fifteen minutes tonight. She goes over it pretty good though - both directions, front to back and side to side, to make sure all gets covered. Still hurt a good bit but not as bad as the first time. Still used the lidocaine numbing cream. But this time instead of an ice pack I just used a bag of ice. Head is throbbing a bit now but this Guinness Extra Stout is great therapy.
Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy and the hot chick!

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #264 on: December 16, 2009, 03:48:49 PM »
Nice I'm itchin to get back for my second one too!

Offline Stage

« Reply #265 on: December 16, 2009, 04:33:38 PM »
I'm still recovering from the first one (it's 2 days now). I was really embarrassed at work with my red head for two days. That's an important lesson - I will have next treatments done on Fridays and/or take some days off.

Unfortunately now I have lot of pustules (hope the translation is correct) in spite of using a prescribed cream to prevent irritation. These pustules prevent me from shaving, so on top of having a red hat, it's also patchy :-(

marty22

« Reply #266 on: December 16, 2009, 04:47:00 PM »
an hour and 15, wow. I never went past say 20 minutes in any session. You must have a high threshhold for pain!

Offline TheSlyKang

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy & hot chic
« Reply #267 on: December 16, 2009, 07:45:06 PM »
Petree - I was excited to get it going again. My hair had started coming back in a little and I miss that smooth dome I had about 2 wks after my first tx.
Stage - I guess everyone's head reacts differently. I scheduled my first tx on a Thursday and took the Friday off work just in case a had a bad reaction. Mine wasn't too bad though. My wife said my head appeared normal the following day but it felt like I had a bad sunburn. That lasted till Saturday and then it felt really bruised for a couple of days. So far, the 2nd tx doesn't seem to caused as much lingering discomfort.
Marty - I don't know about that pain threshold man. After applying the numbing cream, we put the ice on the area she is lasering next. Then she goes till I can't tolerate it and we put the ice back on it for around 20-30 seconds and go again. Looking forward to completing the tx cycles and being smooooooth (except for the 5% white/gray that I'll knock off a few times a week).
Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy and the hot chick!

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #268 on: December 16, 2009, 09:12:56 PM »
just a new growth cycle i guess.. how many weeks before you noticed the new growth cycle???

Offline HAIRLESSHUEY

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #269 on: December 19, 2009, 01:49:01 PM »
you guys are freaking me with that scalp pimple talk. petree my email is gerrickstephenson@yahoo.com