Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 605796 times)

marty22

Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2009, 05:52:58 PM »
dont rush it Lophura.

Offline kdog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #181 on: September 23, 2009, 04:02:33 PM »

you guys are crazy about tweezing your head. YIKES! I have already done 3 of the laser treatments and would never put myself through tweezing. That takes HOURS.... 1 treatment = 1 hr

hey K2, I live in dublin, Ireland and every laser centre I went to basically refused or laughed at the idea!! Still looking but while I look I'm gonna give this tweezing thing a go. Let's see how long it takes to grow the hair back and how time consuming/frequent maintenance tweezes will be...

I've heard Laser is no smooth ride too - I mean it hurts quit a bit? Also patchy hair growth you get after the first couple of treatments - how did you go about your day to day life without anyone noticing?

marty22

« Reply #182 on: September 23, 2009, 04:06:07 PM »
wear a hat if u can.

Offline kdog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #183 on: September 23, 2009, 04:10:08 PM »
wear a hat if u can.

difficult going around the office with a hat all day...People are gonna get curious  ???

marty22

« Reply #184 on: September 23, 2009, 04:14:10 PM »
how old are u man?

Offline kdog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2009, 04:15:16 PM »
I have definitely not had any problems with marking, streaks, etc.  In fact, the dome looks very good.  I've now completed four treatments.  The hair that's left is very thin, more like peach fuzz.  I only shave every other day now, and I always have a clean-shaven look.

If you're at all dark-skinned, I recommend using a clinic that has a YAG laser.  There are plenty, so you shouldn't have a hard time finding one.  Also, I'm extra careful to use a strong sunscreen everyday for the week or two after each treatment.

As I've said before, laser hair removal is definitely worth it in terms of cost and end result.  The pain is pretty bad though.  You may want to get it done on a small spot before committing yourself to session after session of so much pain.  The first session was so painful that I don't know if I would have gone back--except that there was no turning back after I completed my first session.  I was somewhat patchy until I completed session three.  (It wasn't that noticable to other people, but it wasn't something that I wanted to live with.)

I still gotta believe that laser hair removal is not as painful as tweezers.  I would NEVER do that.

Thanks for that...finding it difficult to even get one laser centre to consider this but will keep an eye out for the type of laser...think Europe is much more conservative and backward with this sort of thing!  :Xo!

hey common,
I've a similar skin tone to yours... a laser clinic told me I've dark skin so not recommended plus there are risks like permanent marking, streaks and what not! scared the hell outta me, didn't wanna get something like that permanently on my head. Secondly they said there could be patches of hair left afterwards which would look odd. The feeling I got was these guys don't wanna do it so should look somewhere else. If it worked for you it should for me too. The pain sounds bad though!!

What I'm curious about is whether this thing is permanent..okay if u do get a number of treatments and target all the growth stages etc would you be rid of your hair forever...really FOREVER?

thanks

Offline kdog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2009, 04:18:51 PM »

marty22

« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2009, 04:19:51 PM »
have it done on say a thursday and take off on a friday. my suggestion. with your shaped head; a complete job could work very well.

Offline kdog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2009, 04:32:54 PM »
have it done on say a thursday and take off on a friday. my suggestion. with your shaped head; a complete job could work very well.

hmmm... but they told me the patchy growth will last for a year until 5/6 treatments & it would be noticable even after shaving as some spots will be completely hairless and others not so much..don't want it looking like a warzone  :( maybe these guys don't really know as have never done it before...kinda confused

Offline K2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #189 on: September 24, 2009, 07:42:52 AM »
Pretty much I shave my head daily. Yes if I did let it grow out for 2+ days I would look like a cheetah. But who cares? I personally don't care about what people say or think so it does not bother me. I have only had 3 treatments and I am on a deployment until december. Just gotta suck it up.

On a side note kdog.. I was in Dublin last year for your Cultural Festival. Got to go to Guinness, Jameson and some church there where they let you touch the hand of a dead crusader.. Pretty cool town. I wanna move to Ireland someday. But more the Dingle (West) side.

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #190 on: September 25, 2009, 08:46:52 AM »
kdog:  Here's a pic of my dome back when I'd only had three treatments.  Still kinda patchy.  Do you notice the patchiness?  No?  Didn't think so.

By the way, my avatar is back when Ï'd only had two treatments.

That clinic is getting you worked up over nothing.  They obviously don't know what they're talking about.  Personally, I think that I looked better after the first treatment than I did before starting laser hair removal.  

The key is to shave everyday until about treatment four.  After treatment four, I could go three or four days without shaving and still look pretty clean.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 12:42:19 PM by Common »

Offline kdog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2009, 09:45:23 AM »
common, k2 thnx for that..obviously i believe u guys as uve done it. well, will keep lookin.

k2, dublin's pretty cool except for the weather. one gets pretty tired of the rain! u must have tasted the night life here though - temple bar..ring any bells? ;D  good craic!

Dingle, hmm nice part but small town..personally i'm a city kinda guy would get too lonely in the country.  :'(

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #192 on: September 29, 2009, 02:12:32 PM »
so what are the pricing concensus on this procedure. seems like people are willing to pay 2k for it?

I personally would probably pay 1200 bucks max iono if i would want to pay 2k for it... is the lazer tech better for a 2k job? hmmm...

B
Watch the stars turn into nothing

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2009, 02:37:29 PM »
so i filled out a RFI on this laser hair center here in Orange COunty Called south coast med spa. I just got off the phone with a guy and he told me that the procedure for 6 treatments will be $1325. Thats not too bad. They also have a 5 year touch-up rate @ 150.00

I may go in for my first treatment tomorrow..

Ill keep you guys posted.

B
Watch the stars turn into nothing

marty22

« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2009, 04:08:04 PM »
going rate; keep us up to date.