Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 608805 times)

Offline B.Dangerous

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2009, 02:03:36 PM »
 O0 Just got home from my appointment.  The bad - Probabally the most pain I've ever had to deal with in a repetetive sense.  I'm sure getting stabbed or breaking my arm hurt more all at once, but I didn't have to break more bones or get stabbed more immediately afterwards.  The good - I got through it!!!  Should take 7 to 10 days for hair to fall out and then another 3 to 5 weeks to see what's gonna grow back.  I will need that amount of time to forget about the pain so I don't go back gunshy.  Luckily 20 - 30% of my hair should be dead by then so the second go round should be less pain.  I'm off to ice my head and eat some good pizza the rest of the day!  I'll keep you posted.

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »
i didn't think it was too painful, but then again I haven't seen any results from the first try.

marty22

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2009, 08:43:29 PM »
dont give up yet, Buzz!

Offline B.Dangerous

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2009, 08:53:30 PM »
Buzz, to me it felt like somebody was shooting me with a piercing gun or needle gun of some sort.  The first half of my head was bearable, but still quite painful.  The second half was the workload.  OUCH!  Used a IPL laser with the setting fairly low, I think 20 or 22.  I was basically told when doing the test spot that my pain level needed to be at a 7.  It was at a 7, but after 1250 pulses, it felt like a 10.  Life is sometimes painful.  Moving forward to round 2.

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2009, 07:48:52 AM »
I must have a high pain threshold! Getting tattooed didn't phase me either. :)

Offline Some Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2009, 11:22:10 AM »
For me the pain the second time seemed different.  More like burning less like pricking.  And you could smell a lot more hair burning as well.  I think why I found it more tolerable than other pain (like say, getting burned or cracking a rib) is that it did not linger.  When it was over it was over.

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2009, 06:48:23 AM »
Now that it's been a few weeks since my first treatment, I've noticed that the remaining hair in my "horseshoe" is patchy.  It's fine in the morning right after I shave, but my afternoon shadow looks a little more like a series of birthmarks or veins.  It's not a big deal, but after one treatment I wouldn't be satisfied with this as an end state.  On the bright side, it's pretty solid evidence that some of my hair has been permanently removed.  I'm going back in as soon as I can.

marty22

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2009, 08:42:04 AM »
is it worth it?

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2009, 11:19:13 PM »
Yeah, I think it's worth it.  I'm only in my 30s, so a few months of sacrifice is going to have a big payback.

marty22

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2009, 04:53:34 AM »
I did it too back in 04-05 when it was new. Worth every penny and some of the pain.

Offline B.Dangerous

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2009, 11:43:19 PM »
It's been 9 days and my hair started falling out left and right today.  I would assume that withing the next couple days it will be all out.  That begins the approx. 4 to 5 weeks of no hair.  Wondering when and how often my coworkers are gonna ask, what happened to your hair?  I mean, I have been shaving my head and wearing a hat, but now it will be baby butt smooth and even possibly a little unatural in appearance.  No regrets.  I still feel like this was the best route to take with my life.  Just gonna have that akward period I guess, like braces and head gear.  Any thoughts, Marty22? O:O

Offline Some Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2009, 07:23:50 AM »
I was wondering what the reaction would be as well.  I'm pretty much shadow free at this point and nobody's mentioned it. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2009, 07:25:56 AM »
I was wondering what the reaction would be as well.  I'm pretty much shadow free at this point and nobody's mentioned it. 

Most people aren't that observant about things like that.  I doubt that you'll get much reaction at all.

Offline B.Dangerous

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2009, 10:46:42 AM »
Right on guys.  I directed this at Marty22 because he seems to be the senior counselor when it comes to this subject (had it done for the longest period of time), but I definitely appreciate your words.  I guess your right.  My bestfriend, who is a female, is the only one that knows I'm doing this and she has been telling me the same as you guys from the get go.  I am a constant overthinker on any subject, but luckily in the end of all things I am a confident and happy guy who enjoys life.  Could be worse, I could be a constant underthinker.  lol.  On that note, I'm gonna get out and grab ahold of some of this sunny California weather.  Thanks again guys for everything.  This is a great site.  O0

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2009, 05:32:29 AM »
Hey guys,

I've done a little snooping round in Sydney and found a place that does laser hair removal for the scalp. I decided to pay them a visit since it was only three streets away from my work in the city. She was mentioning that your hair needed to be dark in order for the laser to be effective on the hair.

I might consider it but only after being completely sly for a year.  The going rate was AU$70 / 5 mins they didn't give me an estimate as I would need a consultation done. They would need to test my hair to see if it works on me and there wasn't a reaction to the laser on my skin.