Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 608508 times)

marty22

Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2009, 07:06:35 PM »
its a slow process-trust me after 13 treatments

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2009, 07:39:38 PM »
ya ive heard its fairly slow but it also seems affordable. even for a college kid like me. i dont mind going back a few times to get it redone. they say the darker your hair and fairer your skin the better the results turn out. im fairly pale skinned and have dark brown hair so its a perfect match.

im also not concerned about the pain. im sure i can handle it. i feel the end result will be way worth the discomfort.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2009, 09:52:36 PM »
ya ive heard its fairly slow but it also seems affordable. even for a college kid like me. i dont mind going back a few times to get it redone. they say the darker your hair and fairer your skin the better the results turn out. im fairly pale skinned and have dark brown hair so its a perfect match.

im also not concerned about the pain. im sure i can handle it. i feel the end result will be way worth the discomfort.

I say go for it...you'll be much happy the closer you get to a shadow free perfectly bald head bro! O0

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2009, 10:11:56 PM »
ya i know. especially now thats the hair on tops thinning into a horseshoe. i wish i knew more info on lazer hair removal.

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2009, 11:12:25 PM »
I'd love to look into this also...

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2009, 12:41:17 AM »
(1) Get an overview on the technology from looking at "laser hair removal" in Wikipedia and then Google "laser hair removal [your city]" substituting your city for [your city].  Most of the provider websites have lots of information for laser hair removal for the body.  The head is basically the same.  Here's the website from the place that I used: http://www.laserrn.com.

(2) Yeah, most cities have lots of places.

(3) You'll want to shave your hair off before you go in.  The laser burns everything that's outside the skin.  If you don't shave it, the provider will have to.

im really interested in getting lazer except i dont know anything about it. i dont even know what to search for exactly to be honest. where do i go to get my head lazered? do most cities have a place? do i need to grow my hair out when i go to get it done? if anyone knows a website where i can read up on it ide really apreciate it.

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2009, 12:43:37 AM »
I'd also like to look into this, I hate that shadow more than anything.

marty22

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2009, 06:51:50 AM »
u dont need to shave it clean for a laser treatment. been there done that. what u want is  maybe a 1/2 cut or close to 001. this way they can see the hair when lasering.

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2009, 07:01:32 AM »
I went in with three days growth, that's what they requested.

marty22

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2009, 07:14:50 AM »
thats considered like 1/2 (in between 0 and 1). thats right. shaving completely doesnt help.

Offline Some Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2009, 11:55:02 AM »
As far as I've found, this forum is really the best place on the web to research it.  There are plenty of FAQs, provided mostly by the laser centers themselves, but not a whole lot of info on getting the head done.

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2009, 04:59:22 PM »
Good point!  I often have a little stubble (one of the reasons I'm doing this), so I was fine in my session.

Out of curiousity, did you find that over the course of your 13 sessions, the discomfort diminished as you had less hair?

thats considered like 1/2 (in between 0 and 1). thats right. shaving completely doesnt help.

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2009, 10:24:14 AM »
Curious if any of you have experience with electrolysis.  I know I'll have some grays left on the sides, since the laser won't get rid of those.  Shouldn't be a big deal to shave them off every few days, but being totally smooth would be cool.

Offline B.Dangerous

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2009, 10:10:27 PM »
I'm going in for my first appointment on Tuesday the 28th.  I've been a little nervous all day so I googled this site and found you guys.  Feeling a little better now.  I've been balding since I was 17 and 5 years strung out on Meth seemed to speed up the process.  Stress I put on my self I guess.  6 years sober in August.  Actually having the president of the California Dermatology Board perform this procedure at about double what I see everybody else paying, but out of my interviews he was the one I trusted, and my piece of mind is worth something.  Mostly worried about the akward possability of patching or streaks until it gets done.  Anybody have this happen to them?  I'm pretty bald on top with dark brown hair and very pale skin.  Luckily I'm in a position where I can and do wear a hat to work, so only a little of my hair line will show if it does patch.  Hair transplant just seemed like alot of people end up getting butchered at a pretty hefty price with probable repeat visits and I just can't stand this shadow that has led me to wear a hat the majority of the time.  I will get a pic up before I go in and update that pic as my procedure moves forward.  Appreciate any words or info you guys have.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2009, 10:44:36 PM »
glad you found us. congrats on 6 yrs sober. i have no advice though. sorry. good luck. keep us updated.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!