Author Topic: wow im spending a lot of money on blades!  (Read 7385 times)

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: wow im spending a lot of money on blades!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 07:43:02 PM »
ya! i actually saw a commercial advertising that a few times and wrote the number down. i was so close to calling and ordering one but i hesitated. i wanted to find out if it actually worked first so i didnt waste the money. it kinda looks like BS. If it worked that well why havent i heard of one person owning one instead of spending so much money on blades? lol

anyone who owns one ide love to hear how it works. if i get possitives about it ill pick my phone up right away lol.

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 07:49:36 PM »
A news station did one of those 'does it work' things on it a while back and gave it a 'yes'.

Your mileage may vary, but the test subject used a 2 month old Mach 3 blade and said it felt like new.

I'd consider it myself but I'm doing alright with the Sensor 3 for now and slowly trying to move to using my DE (double edge) razor on my head, those blades are dirt cheap.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 07:54:01 PM by Lucky13MN »

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 08:38:28 PM »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline NWTRNR

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 09:10:59 PM »
I've noticed a difference in how long I get out of a blade by the type of shaving gel I use. Anyone else notice that as well? I was using some low-end junk and going through blades a lot faster and getting a worse shave as well. I'm pretty fond of the Headblade shaving gel right now.

Oh, and I'm using those Schick Quattro Titanium's right now -- along with the Headblade brand. I probably get 2 weeks per blade.

You can get some pretty good deals at Costco too.
[img width= height= alt=nwtrnr]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080717/sampb702d8c3b336d97d.jpg[/img]

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 02:32:24 AM »
Go to Costco.  You get about twice the blades for the same price.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ripped53

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 03:18:05 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out how gillette can advertise that for the fusion razor 8 blades will last ya 6 months. 

Although I've never tried to use a blade/cartridge for longer than 2 weeks (10-12 shaves). I find it hard to believe that I'd still get a smooth shave with no irritation using it for an additional week or greater.
Sly and Shiny......Ingrown hairs are my enemy....

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 05:39:47 PM »
I change my fusion blade every 2 weeks also. I know there has been a couple guys  who  have said they get 3 weeks out of their fusion blades. I guess 8 blades would last them around 6 months.... O0

Offline Bald-n-Philly

• Cool Sly Philly Guy !!!
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 07:23:37 PM »
 Hey guy's ,I think I asked that question a while ago about the fusion blades lasting for either 30 days or something like that. That's why they charge us an arm and a leg for refills. But, I'm quite sure that's what it said on the pack when I bought them from CVS. Please let me know if I'm wrong. Thanks !!

- PEACE

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 07:52:13 PM »
I'm telling you, if you want cheap... like under $.20/blade cheap, and have a little patience - the double edge razors are the way to go. I picked up some top notch blades in a 100 pack for $13 shipped :)

Offline Asher

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 09:35:52 PM »
ghost---here is my opinion, for what it's worth. 

1) the ebay blades are often fake.  ebay's had a serious problem with counterfeit blades and have tried many things to stop it.  i myself bought a huge stock of them and found out the hard way--my head bled for hours, and i couldn't shave for days.  i got my money back, but buyer beware---if the price looks too good to be true, it probably is.  and you can tell the fakes if you compare them to the ones you bought from walgreen's--check the logos and serial numbers, because the boxes are often the exact same.

2) i tried to wax my head.  my sister (who owns a hair salon) brought home a professional waxing station and we gave it a go.  um, holy f#$king sh#% that hurt.  i was willing to go through with it but we could only get about 1x3-inch strips off at a time, and it would have taken an hour or two, and it wasn't worth it.  what we did get off didn't necessarily grow back uniformly, so it would look weird when i didn't shave, and i can't imagine that over an entire head.  it grew back in about 6-8 weeks.

3) one way to extend the life of your blades, as one of the other guys mentioned, is to pour rubbing alcohol on them when you're done shaving.  a bottle of that's less than a buck, and goes a loooooong way.  trust me on this one.  pour just a little on your blade when you're done, shake it off well, and leave it to dry.  it kills all the bacteria on the blade (which irritates your scalp) and prevents rust (which, obviously, corrodes the blade).  if you want to wipe the blades dry, fine, but rub downward i.e. not sideways or up against the blade. 

4) i, too, have a sensitive head and get razorburn pretty much every time i shave.  i also burn through blades fairly quick.  i've learned to just kind of deal with it, but a few things that helped--the less pressure you apply, the better.  let the blade do the work, don't push or pull.  long, even strokes.  i can't put anything on my head after i shave--lotion, aftershave, aloe vera, witch hazel--they all irritate the heck out of my skin.  try an ice cube or cold water and nothing else a couple times.  see what happens. 

good luck--asher

Offline daran

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 10:45:00 PM »
Just a side note most blades sold on ebay are also stolen.  Organized Retail Crime is a huge multi billion dollar problem.  MSNBC did a whole special on it called "Boosting for Billions"  I have also witnessed it since I work for a major chain store and have seen the tapes.  Just a thought...

Enter your email address: