Author Topic: How many use electric razors?  (Read 1948 times)

Offline slickjay

• Sly Jr.
  • It could not possibly get any better than this.
How many use electric razors?
« on: October 07, 2008, 07:29:51 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I'm wondering how many of you use an electric razor at some point while you shave your head. Granted, I've only shaved my head twice now, but I've found that I like to use my electric razor to to get the hard-to-get-spots on the back of my head. I'll make one run with my HB, and then switch over to my electric. Am I being lazy, or efficient?

"It seems to me that if you or I must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying and try so to live that our death brings no pleasure to the world."

East of Eden, John Steinbeck

buuckkweet

Re: How many use electric razors?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 07:37:50 PM »
As long as you're happy with the results of your shave routine, that's all that really matters.  Shave routines vary from person to person. O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 08:09:19 PM »
hey sj:  i started with an electric razor (norelco) but there is nothing that compares 2 a quality manual razor shave.  it gets me the smooooothest.  however... whatever U have 2 do & whatever works with U... stick with it. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 08:09:51 PM »
Both
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 08:26:32 PM »
First of all welcome Jay! 

Originally I buzzed the hair, then I went to the electric razor to get closer, then I went "whole hog" and shaved with a razor.  I love the razored feel and there is nothing like it. 

An electric razor will never get as close to the skin as a mach 3 or a headblade. 

I still have the electric razor, and I use it for a quickie shave if I'm running late or if I'm not feeling like lathering up. 

The key to getting the back of the head with the HB is turn it around, still on your middle finger, and make strokes from the back of your neck up over the top of your head. 

As always, if you are a beginner, don't apply much pressure and be careful until you get a good feel for headshaving.  This will go against the grain of your hair on the back and will give you a great smooth feel. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline arnold2008

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 12:48:06 AM »
No, I haven't. I have heard from people who have done this, however. They indicate that they don't get as close a shave when using an electric shaver on their scalp, but at least one person indicated that they liked the results. Personally, I don't feel comfortable with the idea of using an electric shaver on my scalp. My head has bumps and curves that I don't believe an electric shaver can accomodate as well as my razor, but that's my preference. I know of nothing that would prevent you from using an electric shaver if you would prefer.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 12:23:19 PM by Tyler »

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 04:29:17 AM »
As I have stated in other posts, I use an electric razor ( Braun 8985) on the back of my head and the sides and use a fusion on the top. I have found it takes your head a month or 2 to adjust to an electric razor. You will not get a great shave with an electric when you first start but over time it gets better....and you need a screen not a rotary for best results, at least in my experience....

Enter your email address: