Author Topic: Favvorite Sports Flick  (Read 6277 times)

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
Re: Favvorite Sports Flick
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
Anyone remember The Program?

With James Cann and Hallie Berry?

Good movie O0

Offline Asher

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2008, 10:47:01 PM »
The Program was a great movie--i remember the scene that got cut out where the players laid down on the center line of the highway to prove they were tough, then a bunch of real life stupid high-school kids did it and got hit by cars and they cut it from all future versions of the movie.  when omar epps had to carry around that football for fumbling all the time and his teammates stripped it from him in class was great.  best line: 'hit the tight end so hard his girlfriend dies.  kill everybody.' 

as for personal favorite sports movies, how the hell has nobody said major league yet?  that is the best and funniest movie in the history of this solar system.  any given sunday is great and really behind the scenes for its time. 

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2008, 05:21:44 PM »
The Replacements

"He's wirery"

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2008, 07:43:19 PM »
The Program was a great movie--i remember the scene that got cut out where the players laid down on the center line of the highway to prove they were tough, then a bunch of real life stupid high-school kids did it and got hit by cars and they cut it from all future versions of the movie.  when omar epps had to carry around that football for fumbling all the time and his teammates stripped it from him in class was great.  best line: 'hit the tight end so hard his girlfriend dies.  kill everybody.' 

as for personal favorite sports movies, how the hell has nobody said major league yet?  that is the best and funniest movie in the history of this solar system.  any given sunday is great and really behind the scenes for its time. 

Major League has got to be one of the funniest sports movies ever!

"Just a bit outside!"

You put snot on the ball?"

Hey bartender, Jobo needs a refill!"

"Too high!"
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2008, 08:49:55 PM »
while i do enjoy most of those. (hated waterboy. sorry)   my #1 all time favorite sports flick is THE SANDLOT. 

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline J.J.

• Sly
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2008, 09:50:31 PM »
"The Big Blue", which is about free-diving. 

As far as team sports go, I'll have to say "Major League."

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2008, 01:33:35 AM »
OK... I debated and debated about answering this one, because I can hear the cries of "Sissy!!" issuing from my sly brethren already :D .. But *Takes a deep breath* :-[

I really like "A League of Their Own."

Enter your email address: