Discussions About Being Bald > Bald Stories

Starting a fad

(1/4) > >>

Shiny:
Back in the fall of 1998, my family and I moved to Grand Forks, BC and over the course of that winter, I lost a lot of hair.  Probably 1/2 to 2/3s of my hair.  So in the spring of 1999, I decided to shave my head.  I didn't go right bald but took it down to a close pigshave and let it grow back.  This was the first time I had done this. 
As it grew in, different patches were in different stages of growth varying in colour and thickness from the initial white baby hairs to the thicker silverish brown (soft and silky) and to its natural colour and thickness.
At first I was very self-concious of it but by the end of summer we were seeing kids on the streets in Grand Forks who were bleaching and dying their hair in a mottled fashion, conspicuously resembling mine.  Of course they had weird haircuts to match the weird colouring but I no longer felt so alone.   ;D

PigPen:
Oh yeah, the SLY guys are the coolest....it's just taking the rest of the world a while to catch on. We're fashion icons man, at the forefront and stuff like that

Tyler:
It's always fun when you can start a fad.

BaldRob:

--- Quote from: Tyler on January 23, 2007, 12:38:01 PM ---It's always fun when you can start a fad.

--- End quote ---

Yeah it is... Paul told me the other day that he invented the internet!   :/O

PBurke:

--- Quote from: BaldRob on January 25, 2007, 07:20:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: Tyler on January 23, 2007, 12:38:01 PM ---It's always fun when you can start a fad.

--- End quote ---

Yeah it is... Paul told me the other day that he invented the internet!   :/O

--- End quote ---

i did not. what i said was that it was my idea but someone stole it. :*))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version