Author Topic: Best LineBacker in NFL history  (Read 5594 times)

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
Re: Best LineBacker in NFL history
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 04:53:42 AM »
Jack Lambert

Lambert wasn't that great.... he was just an animal.

I'd say LT also...... but Ray Lewis has been awfully good for a long time (although I do think he is a bit of a caricature of his old self now).

I also loved Butkus............. Urlacher is WAY over rated.

Mike I went outside the box with my pick EVERYODY picks LT and Butkus but EVERYONE forget the undersized animal that was Jack Lambert. You can't argue his impact on the game.

I agree Nomad..... I didn't say I didn't like the way he played. He was a beast. I just don't think he did it long enough to be the best....besides... I hate the Steelers... ;)

Ihate the Steelers too, but I can't pass him up on a list of the best LB's

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 07:16:59 AM »
How about Brian "The Boz" Bosworth? He had the distinction of getting run over by baseball player and football hobbyist Bo Jackson once. Not many linebackers can make that claim.
 :*))
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 11:42:32 AM »
How about Brian "The Boz" Bosworth? He had the distinction of getting run over by baseball player and football hobbyist Bo Jackson once. Not many linebackers can make that claim.
He's the poster boy for players that were hyped up in college, but became a tackling dummy in the NFL......and a crappy actor..
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 03:53:49 PM »
He's the poster boy for players that were hyped up in college, but became a tackling dummy in the NFL......and a crappy actor..

Roger that! In all seriousness, though, Butkus is my 1st choice, Singletary #2. What can I say, I'm a Bears fan!
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 07:19:05 PM »
What about Ray Nitchke(sp?) the old packer mad man

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau