Author Topic: False Confidence.......  (Read 12411 times)

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
Re: False Confidence.......
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 10:21:35 AM »
wtf birdman!!  >:(

Offline StumpyDave

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 10:30:11 AM »
I haven't felt a need to try to pick up a member of the fairer sex for years. 
I'm married to the best wife ever.  I think I'd probably be really bad at it as I can struggle with relating to other people at times - I reckon I know where my son's autistic issues stem from.

I just treat boys and girls as fellow human beings and try to be nice to them all.  I think I come across as confident as there isn't any pressure to impress and I am usually pretty confident in myself.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 10:30:38 AM »
I hate to burst your bubble Birdman, but I'm a fat bald guy and I have no problem with the ladies. When I go looking I find them. It has nothing to do with your looks, although for some it might be easier, but it has to do more with your level of confidence, how you talk to them and not coming off as needy. So you can get off your 90 year old big pimpin' soap box any time.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:32:51 AM by nomad »

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 10:37:03 AM »
wow. i am not really that bad off. just thought it would make a good thread for people who may be having some problems. then some little gremlin looking freak insults me and i don't even get to see it. damn the luck. thanks guys.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline no1birdman

• No Jokes
  • Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 10:45:29 AM »
Ok, I give in I apologise if i insulted you it was not aimed at you just generolising.Hope you are not offended and anyone else who read it.I still think a well toned bald headed well dressed man has the advantage.I see you still insult me, all part of the game, sorry again

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 10:50:59 AM »
Ok, I give in I apologise if i insulted you it was not aimed at you just generolising.Hope you are not offended and anyone else who read it.I still think a well toned bald headed well dressed man has the advantage.I see you still insult me, all part of the game, sorry again

did that insult you? wow, my bad. i meant to insult the gremlins.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline no1birdman

• No Jokes
  • Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 11:06:04 AM »
Careful now, don't let your brains go to your head

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 11:58:48 AM »
1,2....look at you.    3-4 slam the door!

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 12:12:15 PM »
Do any of you guys/gals suffer from this? sometimes i think i do. Everyone thinks i am this very confident person. in reality it ain't so. about some things maybe, but in general i have learned how to fake it real well. when i go out with friends i get looks and smiles from lay-days and still am not usually confident enough to talk to them. or if i do, i find myself apologizing alot. what is really weird about it is, i can watch my buddies and help them out. give them ideas on how to get the women like them and talk more. but i can't seem to do it myself. anyone have any ideas how i can change this or at least feel better about myself?  thanks in advance guys/gals

Good thread PBurke, same here!
And still no good idea to change that. :-\

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 12:34:04 PM »
Or just get an AWESOME grill.
The ladies love 'em.
Yea as long as their on a BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Bentley...................... :D
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2008, 01:19:40 PM »
I'm not really sure how the BIRDMAN has the ladies running to him with that attitude...... I'm guessing they're not the ladies I would be interested in.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2008, 02:21:35 PM »
I'm not really sure how the BIRDMAN has the ladies running to him with that attitude...... I'm guessing they're not the ladies I would be interested in.

Didnt he mention one time that he is single??  That would answer your question Mike..

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2008, 05:30:05 PM »

Birdman, I was insulted not because I thought you were adressing me but because this is not the first time you have downed people for not being the epitomy of the male specimen. A well groomed and dressed man usually has an advantage but if he has no game then all that exercise and nice clothes do him no good.

As far as me insulting you, that may have been out of hand, but I have let your comments go for some time and could not do it this time. This has nothing to do with pussyfooting around, you just need to show some decorum in how you make your comments.

Offline no1birdman

• No Jokes
  • Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 01:02:05 AM »
At least I was man enough to apologise in public,English gentlemen do that, some of u are not man enough to accept it.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 01:11:50 AM »
At least I was man enough to apologise in public,English gentlemen do that, some of u are not man enough to accept it.

I did apologise in a round about way, but because I'm not an "english gentleman", let me formally apologise to you for not formally accepting your apology and offer mine in return. I just ask that you please use some decorum in your responses so we don't have to play these silly games again. 

Enter your email address: