Discussions About Being Bald > Bald Stories

What made you go bald?

<< < (2/94) > >>

Tyler:
Thanks for sharing your stories guys!  These are great.

gearhedguy:
My hair started thinning in college due to genetics (thanks Dad!  :D). It was probably one of the most traumatic experiences in my life. . . realizing, and accepting, that I was indeed losing my hair. I tried everything in the book to "hide" the situation. . . close-cropped haircuts; peroxide to make it blonde (actually turned it a weird reddish color - lol); strategically spacing the hair I had left on the top of my head and using hairspray to keep it in place; not going outside on windy days; avoiding anything like a swimming pool, rollercoaster ride, convertible ride; and hitting the gym to gain big muscles to make up for what I was "lacking". . . my hair. I once heard that washing your hair in beer was a good thing. . . bring on the ale (regular or lite?)!! Heard mayonnaise was good. . . bring on the greasy, eggy, nasty stuff!! Vitamins, too?. . . down the hatch, gulp! Rogaine?. . . made my scalp break out in a nasty rash!! Needless to say, countless years of hiding, worry, dollars wasted. . . nothing worked. Combine years of frustration, bored on a Friday night, a few shots of tequila, a clipper and razor. . . I became a new bald man! I first looked in the mirror and thought "eek!" and "cooooool!" The positive responses that I got the next day at work were overwhelming. And a few days later, I was sporting a goatee. I honestly feel I looked the most handsome I have ever looked in my entire life. Hair be gone!

Baldego:
I started going bald at 19 like many others, I always hated hair anyways lol. I love being bald and would never have hair again!!!!! I tell people who ask "Why do you shave your head"?  God took half and I took care of the rest lol.......  :o

PigPen:
I shaved my hair in support of my son when he was going through chemo. I naturally have a full head of hair. Not too long ago the wife dyed her hair and I commented that I liked the color. She responded with "I'll keep it this way if you grow hair back" Without so much as a hesitation..."Nah, that's alright I like it clean"

Blader For Life!

Tyler:
HueroPelon, thanks for sharing your story with us.  I hope your son was able to beat the disease.

Tyler

--- Quote from: HueroPelon on September 22, 2006, 05:53:37 PM ---I shaved my hair in support of my son when he was going through chemo.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version