Author Topic: What made you go bald?  (Read 287516 times)

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
Re: What made you go bald?
« Reply #405 on: January 22, 2013, 11:10:06 PM »
I really like to be bald.
My first bald expierience was about 3 years ago and i really enjoy it.
Guys, do you think it fits on me and should i keep the bald look?

Thanks for comments!

You're a natural. Of course you should keep it if that's what you want. And you say you like it so keep it shaved.

SpĆ¼ren Sie die Freiheit der ohne Haare

Befreien Sie sich von der Tyrannei der Haare

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:16:27 PM by Gary~ »

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #406 on: January 23, 2013, 05:32:49 AM »
A wife 2 kids and a mortgage.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #407 on: January 28, 2013, 07:21:24 PM »
When it really comes down to it "My Razor"   O0  One of the best decisions I have ever made.   C#)P
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #408 on: February 01, 2013, 11:49:32 AM »
 ;D  I'm lazy.  I always had long hair that was shoved into a bun.    For over a year i never even wore my hair down.  Seemed pointless. 

So I finally decided to just lose the bun and go sly.  Plus I've always envied shaved heads and wanted to try it out since I was a teenager.

A few minutes shaving each day is so much less than the upkeep for my long hair and I feel pretty badass and love the look to boot!

Offline lsflipper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #409 on: February 05, 2013, 09:02:14 PM »
Awesome story Bilko. You look great sly.

I enjoy going to a barber every once in awhile for a straight razor head shave. It feels good to be pampered every now and then.
                                                                                                                                                                                    That sounds like a great idea. I think I will do that.
Larry the bald guy

Offline Hot_Wheels_14

• 2nd life, 2nd style
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #410 on: February 12, 2013, 02:15:49 AM »
I posted this on a seperate forum bur it looked good here too.

I've got the pattern bald gene from a grandfather I deeply respected and honor to this date, i truely wish I was more like him, I may be, I just got to be myself to find out.

I have had diabetes for 43 years now.  I received a pancres/kidney transplant in 2010.  I was dealing with a recededing hairline but fought it with creative hair styles like the flat top.  I developed a CMV virus due to the double transplant and was in the hospital with a tube down my neck to survive.  When I woke and was off the tube, I was able to take a shower, it had been over a week since I was "alive" and functioning and wanted a shower badly.  When showering with the flimsy soap they give, it seemed thicker than normal.  I got home and used my own hair wash and found it way thicker than I remebered.  I looked at my hands and they were full of hair from the CMV and the anti-rection drugs I had been going through.

When I got released I went to the nearest barber that i frequented because the hair loss was just to much for me to deal with.  I was 42 and felt I looked way worst and older than I was.  Patches of the front hairline was gone.  It looked like I was balding in spots.  I told the gal that cut my hair to shave it completey.  I then went home to try to shave it with a electric razor but it did not give me satisfaction.  I went to the nerest WalGreens and got the Headblade I was seriously looking at for a month or two and got it and got hooked on the little race car.  I could not belive how it changed my life in just a day.

With my flat top I was taken seriously at 5'4" but with the transplant drugs i had developed  osteoprosis and was now at 5'2"and noticed a difference.  With my bald head I was told that I looked like I was meaner than when I had hair and looked real good even for a short guy. 

I don't really care if I look mean or not, I like the look I got.  A bald head fits my sytle and I have had it for over a year and don't plan on changing anything.

i use the HeadBlade and love it.  I can and enjoy shaving my head but still can't stand shaving my face.  My face just has too many curves and hair growth patterns to deal with.  I love useing a single blade on my face but i dislike shaving my face even more.  Wish it was as easy as learning to shave my head with all the complex hair growing patterns.  It's actually a lot of fun shaving my head and only took me a few times to learn.  I constantly learn about it and it's fun.

I'll get a posted pic soon, this pic was taken on my 34th bithday at Mt. Rushmore.  I need to get updated pic's for my profile soon.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #411 on: February 12, 2013, 03:38:24 AM »
Welcome mate,

Thanks for sharing your story!
Lynchy

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #412 on: February 12, 2013, 04:34:30 AM »
I posted this on a seperate forum bur it looked good here too.

I've got the pattern bald gene from a grandfather I deeply respected and honor to this date, i truely wish I was more like him, I may be, I just got to be myself to find out.

I have had diabetes for 43 years now.  I received a pancres/kidney transplant in 2010.  I was dealing with a recededing hairline but fought it with creative hair styles like the flat top.  I developed a CMV virus due to the double transplant and was in the hospital with a tube down my neck to survive.  When I woke and was off the tube, I was able to take a shower, it had been over a week since I was "alive" and functioning and wanted a shower badly.  When showering with the flimsy soap they give, it seemed thicker than normal.  I got home and used my own hair wash and found it way thicker than I remebered.  I looked at my hands and they were full of hair from the CMV and the anti-rection drugs I had been going through.

When I got released I went to the nearest barber that i frequented because the hair loss was just to much for me to deal with.  I was 42 and felt I looked way worst and older than I was.  Patches of the front hairline was gone.  It looked like I was balding in spots.  I told the gal that cut my hair to shave it completey.  I then went home to try to shave it with a electric razor but it did not give me satisfaction.  I went to the nerest WalGreens and got the Headblade I was seriously looking at for a month or two and got it and got hooked on the little race car.  I could not belive how it changed my life in just a day.

With my flat top I was taken seriously at 5'4" but with the transplant drugs i had developed  osteoprosis and was now at 5'2"and noticed a difference.  With my bald head I was told that I looked like I was meaner than when I had hair and looked real good even for a short guy. 

I don't really care if I look mean or not, I like the look I got.  A bald head fits my sytle and I have had it for over a year and don't plan on changing anything.

i use the HeadBlade and love it.  I can and enjoy shaving my head but still can't stand shaving my face.  My face just has too many curves and hair growth patterns to deal with.  I love useing a single blade on my face but i dislike shaving my face even more.  Wish it was as easy as learning to shave my head with all the complex hair growing patterns.  It's actually a lot of fun shaving my head and only took me a few times to learn.  I constantly learn about it and it's fun.

I'll get a posted pic soon, this pic was taken on my 34th bithday at Mt. Rushmore.  I need to get updated pic's for my profile soon.

Welcome ... this: I like the look I got.  is really all that matters.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #413 on: February 12, 2013, 05:08:01 AM »
Welcome, Hot Wheels! Thanks for sharing your story.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #414 on: February 12, 2013, 10:57:51 AM »
Welcome to the board !  It looks great on you.  There are alot of beards here also. 
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #415 on: February 12, 2013, 11:30:39 AM »
Welcome. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Good luck to you on your health issues. You will love being sly.

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #416 on: February 20, 2013, 12:50:42 PM »
My hairloss was part genetic mostly medical, as a child I had a radiation surgery that I would later learn did nothing but kill the hair on the top of my head. I started thinning around 18 and it only got worse in my 20s. A couple years back I started to embrace my baldness and started getting buzz cuts. Then I figured what the hell I'll shave my head. When I first expressed interest in shaving my head (on facebook) I was met with nay sayers, then after I did it they all changed their tune. My parents occasionally ask if I'm ever going to grow my hair back out, to which I say no.

Except for the top of my head I have a reasonably fully head of hair. I just hate looking in the mirror and seeing skin popping up out of hair; it makes me feel like a bird nest with an egg in it.  :*))
So I full on Lex Luthor it.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline sahil15

• Sly
« Reply #417 on: February 20, 2013, 02:28:12 PM »
Both my father and grandfather went bald early at a young age. So I knew it was only a matter of time for me as well but was shocked when my hair  started thinning at 18. I was a bit immature and thought it will get thick again... Im still young but boy was I wrong. By 24 I had a massive bald crown. Got so depressed that I completely let myself go. Put on loads of weight, started drinking and smoking (pretty sure these bad habits also contributed to the hair loss).

I was in a dark place... Still feel that a part of me still hasn't left that place (I know im being over dramatic). Heres a picture of me from 2 years ago... Scary right... lol...

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #418 on: February 20, 2013, 03:14:35 PM »
Both my father and grandfather went bald early at a young age. So I knew it was only a matter of time for me as well but was shocked when my hair  started thinning at 18. I was a bit immature and thought it will get thick again... Im still young but boy was I wrong. By 24 I had a massive bald crown. Got so depressed that I completely let myself go. Put on loads of weight, started drinking and smoking (pretty sure these bad habits also contributed to the hair loss).

I was in a dark place... Still feel that a part of me still hasn't left that place (I know im being over dramatic). Heres a picture of me from 2 years ago... Scary right... lol...

Sly suits you bro.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Todo Duro

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #419 on: February 21, 2013, 03:55:48 PM »
+1 Greatnessinc. Sahil, you have the perfect head shape for the sly look!

I went sly for the first time when I was a teenager because I was sick and tired of my hair - it is naturally wavy, dull brown, very thin and prone to dandruff. On top of that I was born with a cowlick on the right hand side of my forehead which makes my hair completely impossible to style in any way - every day was bad hair day, I had to put a helluval lot of effort into it, got real paranoid about the way it looked... back at that time I was very much into heavy metal (well still am tbh) and all of my friends had long flowing manes, I was trying hard to fit in but ended up looking like a freak and not in a good way (I still shudder when I see pictures from those days :D).
Eventually I got so fed up that I just walked into the barber shop and asked him for a Rob Halford cut :D predictable shock with the family, lots of arguments and nagging, but I liked the look enough to stick with it and I've been either sly or very closely buzzed for the last 16 years. It's part of me and I just couldn't see myself any other way... besides, now I couldn't go back even if I wanted to, seeing as my hairline is slowly but surely creeping back. :D
.: you must laugh and sing if you want to conquer the world :.