Discussions About Being Bald > Bald Stories

What made you go bald?

(1/94) > >>

Tyler:
When I started thinning I never thought of shaving my head.  Then one year I went hunting in Montana for a couple of weeks and decided to use some clippers to shave my head.  I did this because the year before my head got so crusty from wearing the beanie and not showering. 

My girlfriend at the time (now wife) loved it!  She also loved that I had grown a goatee while up in the mountains.  Since then I've always shaved my head.  First with clippers, then decided to go completely bald.

andy:
my hair started thinning really early, probably when i was like 19... which sucked!  and of course it took a while for me to decide what to do.  i immediately ruled out drugs like rogaine / propecia... i have a "thing" about popping pills (i didn't have any painkillers after my wisdom teeth were pulled, for example).  did some research into the hair transplant thing, but even then you gotta use hair-retaining drugs and plus if it goes badly, it can be pretty awful looking. 

after getting used to the idea i just trimmed my hair shorter and shorter, since the notion of a combover or some other trick to "look" less bald always seemed so ridiculous to me... and then when i was on vacation in hawaii, on a whim i bought some clippers and buzzed my head down.  kept buzzing it ever since, and then probably in april or so i just said "the hell with it" and busted out the Mach 3.

haven't looked back since!

happyharry:
I'm 25, and a couple of years ago I started loosing hair. Since my grandfather was bald I knew I'd share the same fate (like so many other Greeks), I just wished it wouldn't set in so early. So, over the next two years I watched my hair thinning and thinning, and I tried to comb it in a different way so it wouldn't show. I was starting to get desperate...

About eight months ago I got so pissed with this whole thinning thing and with the worrying and the "covering up", so I said "that's it!".
I took a pair of scissors, took a chair and sat down in front of the mirror in the sink. I grabbed my hair and made the first cut. Aaaaah!
Now there was no going back. I cut it all down as far as I could with the scissors, then I did the rest with a razor.

And when I was done, and as I was looking at the bleeding mass that was my head, I thought "cool...".
And I loved the result! I was very happy with my new looks and I've never looked back since...

I put all my hair in a box and gave it to my favourite aunt as a gift for her birthday. Up to this day she hasn't told anyone what my
birthday gift was. You think she liked it?

PS: here's a picture of me before the bald...bold move.

fcb2001:
I was 28,  two best friends who are Bald by Choice who had been trying to talk me in two shaving my head since 1997, finally in 2004 I decided to go Bald by Choice, Iam a white guy who had been sporting cornrows, once i finally shaved my head, evereyone that knew me said i looked better with the chrome dome than w3ith the cornrows, i was against shaving my head because i was born in Canada and my two bald friends were born in the USA and are African Americans, i wish i shaved my head in 1997

bald_sam:
I had really long hair (to my mid back), since I was a teen. At 25, I noticed hair on the pillow and clogging the shower drain. Ever comb out would result in huge tufts of hair in the comb. For five years I did the ponytail combover, and wore a hat. My hair got thinner and thinner, until there was nothing left on top.

My partner at the time (who daily shaved a full head of hair) decided that I looked like sh*t. I resisted cutting it, but knew I had to. He braided it, cut off the braid, and processed to buzz off the rest. Next came the lather and the razor, and I have been slick bald every since.

Sam

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version