Author Topic: barbershop headshave  (Read 31575 times)

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
Re: barbershop headshave( the continuing saga)
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2009, 08:42:05 AM »
I've just found out about two Chicago mens' grooming establishments.

The first one is 316 Barber Spa and the second one is John Allan's.

http://316barberspa.com/index.php
http://johnallans.com/

Both the shops are located in the Chicago Loop and cater to an upscale clientele (haircuts from $50).  316 advertises headshaves on their website at $45.  I've e-mailed John Allan's to inquire whether they do headshaves.

My plan is to try out both places during the summer and report back on SBG.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
Re: barbershop headshave
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2009, 01:31:54 PM »
I received an e-mail from John Allan's Chicago location saying that they do NOT do head shaves.  Disappointing.

If anyone knows any old school barber shops in Chicago that do head shaves I'd be interested in trying them as well.  It doesn't have to be a fancy salon.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2009, 01:44:28 PM »
I received an e-mail from John Allan's Chicago location saying that they do NOT do head shaves.  Disappointing.

If anyone knows any old school barber shops in Chicago that do head shaves I'd be interested in trying them as well.  It doesn't have to be a fancy salon.

Red

Maybe you should have phrased the question, "Will you cut my hair as short as I want it cut?" >:D

Offline Sly Red

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2009, 01:54:07 PM »

Maybe you should have phrased the question, "Will you cut my hair as short as I want it cut?" >:D

Ha, ha, then they would charge more for it being a haircut.  I'm going to be very careful before I have another barber shop head shave.  I don't want to be disappointed in the next one.

Red

Offline CWill16

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2009, 06:00:43 PM »
Just had one today at Trims Barberhouse in Clawson, MI. (Just North of Detroit).
They did a good job for $20.00-but not a smooth as I can do it. I'm definately going back

Here is the link: www.trimbarberhouse.com

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2009, 09:40:08 PM »
Someone ought to come up with a master list of places around the country/world that will do this.  It would make a great SBG yellow pages.  :)

BTW, I Googled "barber shop head shave", and guess which site was number one!  Don't know how I missed this site before this week.

Enter your email address: