Author Topic: Harley Riders??  (Read 5828 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Harley Riders??
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 07:48:19 AM »
That's W-A-Y C-O-O-L, Tor  O0

What make of bike is that?

Offline StumpyDave

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 09:43:56 AM »
That'll be a Honda.
In the UK the ST1300 is marketed as a Pan European.  Does it have a different name over there?

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 01:13:11 PM »
Funny story here,  When I was in the Army, I owned a Heritage Classic,  I was reassigned over to Germany, and I had to have the Bike shipped over there and it would take about 2 months to get it there.  One night, after bieng in Germany for about a month, I was in a local "Bar" having a beer, when in the door walked about 15 to 20 men and women in riding leathers decked out with chains and studs, patches the whole works......I said to myself, "I didn't hear and bikes pull up to the bar?  And there was plenty of room out front to park them if they did?".  I walked outside and right there in front of the bar was a whole row of scooters and Mopeds.........They were a biker gang alright!!!!!! I laughed and left............when I got my bike I rode it down to the same bar and parked it out front next to the other "BIKES" and before I could even get off the thing I was surrounded by the gang ogling my bike.......they got me drunker than I think I have ever been......
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline gidbg

• Sly Jr.
  • Just living the bald guy life
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 09:35:26 PM »
Those are a couple of really nice bikes Tor. My wife and i are going to get her into the motorcycle saftey course sometime next year so she can learn the basics and get her indorsement. Then we will be on the hunt for a new bike for her.

Offline Tor

• Ride the World!
  • Sly
  • Bald Rider
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 08:14:58 AM »
That'll be a Honda.
In the UK the ST1300 is marketed as a Pan European.  Does it have a different name over there?

Dave,
Honda ST1300 is the name in the US.

Extremely reliable,,,coming up on 50000 miles. Fully decked with Communication system, GPS, 2-way radio and everything else we need.

She rides the heck out of that bike, which is,,,close to 750 pounds loaded. Fun fun....

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 08:23:08 AM by Tor »
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

Offline StumpyDave

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 10:14:34 AM »
A fantastic way to tour.
You don't mess up your bike's handling with a pillion/company/talk the the Mrs when you want, turn the radio off when you don't/listen to your own music choice/space for carrying beer and food.
My wife isn't that keen on spending that much time on 2 wheels (maybe she would be with your setup).
I quite like my approach - it suits my introspective tendencies:
http://www.t595.net/album/album.asp?album=8563&pg=1&img=51080