Author Topic: First time here  (Read 6119 times)

teenthatshavessometimes

Re: First time here
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 02:37:47 PM »
i have always wondered what that would feel like, being bald and wearing a football helmut. what does it feel like?

BALDANDRE

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 05:03:22 PM »
Bro...go for the complete shaved head..

you will look 100% tougher...and in football that's huge!

Go for the bald head dude... listen to pop's..

you'll love it!

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 05:14:06 PM »
yeah
go for it!
you wont regret it
its an amazing feeling!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Jordon! Man you have a cool Dad..... he must be like a lot of us!! ;)
I'd support my son in a minute on this......
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 07:18:15 PM »
Welcome to SBG, Jordan!

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 08:32:18 PM »
let me know what a football helmut and shaved head feels like !

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 09:13:04 PM »
Welcome to the neighborhood Jordan

Offline jordondoucette

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2008, 04:58:09 PM »
Hi,  Well to answer your question it feels strange really strange but still is awsome.  I went to tne barber shop after school just before practice started.  When I put my helmet on it was really loose so the coach had to add air.  The really neat thing is that when I run I can now feel the breeze flowing through my helmet so its a lot cooler.  Otherwise so far I hate it,  I feel really self concious and naked but I kinda expected that.  I think when I get used to how I look now I may keep it awhile.
Jordon

BALDANDRE

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2008, 05:22:34 PM »
Hi,  Well to answer your question it feels strange really strange but still is awsome.  I went to tne barber shop after school just before practice started.  When I put my helmet on it was really loose so the coach had to add air.  The really neat thing is that when I run I can now feel the breeze flowing through my helmet so its a lot cooler.  Otherwise so far I hate it,  I feel really self concious and naked but I kinda expected that.  I think when I get used to how I look now I may keep it awhile.
Jordon

Well, keep it bald at least till school starts...then you'll know if you hate it....

but only you can answer that!

Offline Ryan

• Sly Jr.
  • Canadian GSG
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2008, 05:53:38 PM »
Jordon

Yeah, it takes a bit to get used to it, but once you have, you'll likely feel a lot more comfortable.  Get past your own initial shock to it, and you'll be far less self-conscious.

And welcome to SBG!

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 05:55:36 PM »
you weill get used to it, cant wait for the picture

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2008, 07:44:06 PM »
Jordon

The change in appearance is usually a shock in the beginning, so try not to form any opinion about it for a while.  Stick to the 30 day rule and then decide.  I'm sure you won't be the only one on the football team with a shaved or closely buzzed head.   And if you are, you won't be for long because I'm sure some of the other guys will follow your lead.

Try to keep it shaved for a while.  If you can get used to being bald now, it won't be such a scary thing if you have to shave your head when you're older, like a lot of us have to do.   O:O

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 04:56:01 PM »
Welcome Jordon!  All these guys have had great advice.
You'll get used to it in no time.

Offline Christian

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 09:59:39 AM »
So you did it! Cool! Hope you like your new look! And I am pretty sure you get used to the bald head. Think it's a great decision. Give us some pics! :)

As others said in here ... stay bald for 30 days and then decide if you want to keep the bald look!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2008, 10:00:25 AM »
Welcome to SBG's jordon.

I agree with the other guys, you should give it a bit of time to get used to it.
It was a more drastic change for you since you didn't buzz it down like a lot of fellas do at first.
I believe in time you will come to like it, especially being a football player. It lends itself to the look, and is a heck of a lot cooler and easier to manage.

Good to hear that your Dad was behind you too. That's usually one of the obstacles the younger guys face.

Good luck and I hope you keep it "smooth".      O0

Enter your email address: