Author Topic: Buzzing it tomorrow... maybe.  (Read 21639 times)

Offline socctty

• Sly Jr.
  • Finally sly.
Re: Buzzing it tomorrow... maybe.
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 07:24:11 PM »
Results!

First off, thanks guys for your welcomes and support. I went to the barber during my lunch hour and got a #2 all over. I'm psyched about it, I think it looks great. I'm really more happy with it than I thought I'd be. The receding hairline isn't really bothering me as much as I thought it would. However, the crown of my head is a little, so I'm gonna go down to a #1 (as many of you suggested) right after I post this. Anyway, here's the pictures:

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/scooterboogie/Buzz/

The lighting isn't great; in person, the crown looks much worse. Still, overall, I have no regrets.

Initial reactions were mixed. One person had a negative reaction: "Your head isn't shaped for hair that short." But this is the same guy that's been wearing the same mustache for 30 years, who thinks any change is a bad change, and often is arguing "We've been doing it this way for 25 years, why is it wrong now?" despite the fact that whatever it is he's been doing for 25 years has been causing him 3 times as much work.

Other reactions were grins and soft-jabs at the new do, and one was "You look like you're part of God's army, here to kill people and deliver more souls to Him." Which I guess means I look like a bad-ass. But as I said, my personal reaction consisted of  lots of almost-girlish giggling followed by a sense of relief and contentment.

Oh, and whoever asked what branch I'm in, I'm in the Air Force. I work at a solar observatory here in southern New Mexico. Once again, thanks for the warm welcomes. Now time to fire up the buzzer and get out the #1 guard...
"You can't hate man if you know him."
- John Steinbeck

"A man's life is interesting primarily when he has failed -- I well know. For it's a sign that he tried to surpass himself."
- Georges Clemenceau

"Nothing is more unsightly than a bald man with hair."
- Martial

BaldRob

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 07:29:18 PM »
Oh, and whoever asked what branch I'm in, I'm in the Air Force.

Oh... we thought you said you were in the military! ;D :P

Looked at the pics... looks good so far!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 07:34:18 PM »
Looks good
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

spaceape48

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 07:37:26 PM »
Oh, and whoever asked what branch I'm in, I'm in the Air Force.

Oh... we thought you said you were in the military! ;D :P

Damn, now that deserves a burn,lol. Suits you well man. My mom started calling me meat head when I shaved, so forget the dude with the mustache....unless he uses wax or grease, in which case he might just pistol-whip you with his six shooter.

Offline socctty

• Sly Jr.
  • Finally sly.
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 08:03:28 PM »
hahaha... The guy looks like Scotty from Star Trek. He loves that mustache though.

Anyway I'm down to a #1. I'm gonna roll with it for a while, but I think I'd rather be a #2 or bic'd. Definitely gonna try the bic one of these days, soon too. The first phrase that comes to mind with the low-cut is "hyper-masculine"! Its great, I'm loving it. I think I should use some lotion or something on my head, though... it itches a bit. It is the desert in the winter, after all.

I forgot to mention. I bought some skull caps; I've always thought they were a cool look. Now I get to sport 'em.

If you're thinking about it, anonymous reader: go for it!
"You can't hate man if you know him."
- John Steinbeck

"A man's life is interesting primarily when he has failed -- I well know. For it's a sign that he tried to surpass himself."
- Georges Clemenceau

"Nothing is more unsightly than a bald man with hair."
- Martial

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
hahaha... The guy looks like Scotty from Star Trek. He loves that mustache though.

Anyway I'm down to a #1. I'm gonna roll with it for a while, but I think I'd rather be a #2 or bic'd. Definitely gonna try the bic one of these days, soon too. The first phrase that comes to mind with the low-cut is "hyper-masculine"! Its great, I'm loving it. I think I should use some lotion or something on my head, though... it itches a bit. It is the desert in the winter, after all.

I forgot to mention. I bought some skull caps; I've always thought they were a cool look. Now I get to sport 'em.

If you're thinking about it, anonymous reader: go for it!

Congrats in loving your new look!  Let us know when you bic it down and how you feel about it.

Feel free to hang out for a while.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2007, 09:07:51 PM »
Congrats on the new look!

Thank God, you're not another squib. ;)
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

BaldRob

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2007, 09:10:02 PM »
Congrats on the new look!

Thank God, you're not another squib. ;)

Squib??  There's the Army Officer Corps spelling champ for ya!!   :o ;D

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 09:12:34 PM »
hey rob? how do all branches get to where they are going? the navy.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 09:20:31 PM »
Nope I either ride Army, Com or Air Force in that order.  I never touch a naval boat.  I flew out of a naval air station once. 
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 09:22:22 PM »
Results!

First off, thanks guys for your welcomes and support. I went to the barber during my lunch hour and got a #2 all over. I'm psyched about it, I think it looks great. I'm really more happy with it than I thought I'd be. The receding hairline isn't really bothering me as much as I thought it would. However, the crown of my head is a little, so I'm gonna go down to a #1 (as many of you suggested) right after I post this. Anyway, here's the pictures:

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/scooterboogie/Buzz/

The lighting isn't great; in person, the crown looks much worse. Still, overall, I have no regrets.

Initial reactions were mixed. One person had a negative reaction: "Your head isn't shaped for hair that short." But this is the same guy that's been wearing the same mustache for 30 years, who thinks any change is a bad change, and often is arguing "We've been doing it this way for 25 years, why is it wrong now?" despite the fact that whatever it is he's been doing for 25 years has been causing him 3 times as much work.

Other reactions were grins and soft-jabs at the new do, and one was "You look like you're part of God's army, here to kill people and deliver more souls to Him." Which I guess means I look like a bad-ass. But as I said, my personal reaction consisted of  lots of almost-girlish giggling followed by a sense of relief and contentment.

Oh, and whoever asked what branch I'm in, I'm in the Air Force. I work at a solar observatory here in southern New Mexico. Once again, thanks for the warm welcomes. Now time to fire up the buzzer and get out the #1 guard...

That's why we're here, to send you over the edge!!! Judging from your location, I'd say you're somewhere around Holloman and Alamogordo right? I'm up in Albuquerque but been down that way more than once. Can't wait to see the buzz when you get it down that low
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2007, 09:26:28 PM »
isn't the air force a dept of the navy? maybe i am wrong :-\ guess there is a first time for everything. 8)

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 09:28:29 PM »
isn't the air force a dept of the navy? maybe i am wrong :-\ guess there is a first time for everything. 8)

I believe it's the Marines.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BaldRob

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2007, 09:28:40 PM »
hey rob? how do all branches get to where they are going? the navy.

Nah... the Chair Force pilots can't land on a carrier.  Army likes to walk everywhere or hop rides with the Chair Force...

Only the Sailors and Jarheads get the privilege of sailing on the fine Naval vessels!

BaldRob

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 09:29:22 PM »

I believe it's the Marines.

Marines are the boys department of the Navy!  :P