Author Topic: fast food joints.  (Read 22625 times)

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
Re: fast food joints.
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2006, 08:46:27 AM »
As for fast food ... The Varsity over on North Avenue in Atlanta.  Chili Dogs, Naked Dogs, Pimento Cheese Burgers, Frosted Oranges, Co-Cola's, Onion Rings and Fried Pies.  It's like dying and going to fast-food heaven!

I can't remember what mag it was, but someone voted Varsity the best chili dog in the nation. 

I will ask the wife if she can remember.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2006, 05:06:17 PM »
This thread has gotten away from the "bad treatment of wait staff," but I want to share something else my brother- and sister-in-law did on a different occasion.  I was telling my wife what I shared here and she reminded me of a time when they ordered apple pie with ice cream on top.  Not too complicated, right?

Well they stearnly made it known that they wanted the pie piping hot....but the ice cream so freshly placed on top that it hadn't started melting when it was served. 

Can you imagine actually stipulating something like that  ???  >:(
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 05:08:11 PM by Robmeister »

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2006, 05:18:29 PM »
This thread has gotten away from the "bad treatment of wait staff," but I want to share something else my brother- and sister-in-law did on a different occasion.  I was telling my wife what I shared here and she reminded me of a time when they ordered apple pie with ice cream on top.  Not too complicated, right?

Well they stearnly made it known that they wanted the pie piping hot....but the ice cream so freshly placed on top that it hadn't started melting when it was served. 

Can you imagine actually stipulating something like that  ???  >:(

That's ridiculous
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »
from being on all ends of the foodservice thing. if waitstaff is trying. treat them well. if kitchen screws up. deal with it. if you can't understand that there are many other people that are being served as well. then go home and cook. waiting tables, and working the kitchen in a resturant are hard jobs. give them some slack. don't you have bad days at work. they would not come to your job and give you a hard time. lighten up.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2006, 02:53:04 PM »
I have/had enough friends that worked all ends of the food industry to know never send food back.  Take care of the wait staff. And remember tip stands for to insure prompt service (not crazy service request) watch Reservoir Dogs to clarify any confusion.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 11:35:42 AM by ar3inc »
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2006, 08:45:43 AM »
This thread reminds me of something that happened to me while I was working at a deli/catering outfit one summer during my college years. The place was located close to a new business park, so there was a lot of traffic around noon. One lunch day, this pr*ck was ordering a sandwich. Either it was extremely loud or he was speaking softly on purpose, but I couldn't hear his order. When I asked him to repeat it, he assumed I was mentally challenged, started speaking extremely slow and GRABBED my note pad to write down his order. I stopped him mid-way, and told him (quite loudly) that if he insists on being a jerk, I was not interested in taking his order. The people behind him were clapping! The deli's owner didn't see the first exchange, but when one of our regular customers told him what happened, he laughed and made me a plate of his best homemade ravioli to take home to my folks. I still recall that day periodically when I'm dealing with a jerk in work. I don't care what line of work you're in, you (at a minimum) treat people with the respect they give you.

Tyler, as a Bay Area dude, I can't believe you didn't mention Nation's Burgers. Blows In & Out away. Plus, they make the best chocolate shakes & banana cream pie for the post 1,500 calorie meal.

Happy New Year's to you guys. I'll update my pic after the New Year's shave.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »
Tyler, as a Bay Area dude, I can't believe you didn't mention Nation's Burgers. Blows In & Out away. Plus, they make the best chocolate shakes & banana cream pie for the post 1,500 calorie meal.

Nations is a great burger!! But I'm of the opinion that it's not as good as In-n-Out, but they are close.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2007, 07:31:14 PM »
hey robmiester. yall still have bojo's pizza around there?

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2007, 08:45:20 PM »
hey robmiester. yall still have bojo's pizza around there?

Yeah, man....good stuff   :@`

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2007, 09:01:32 PM »
bastards. i am jealous.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2007, 09:12:32 PM »

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2007, 09:13:53 PM »
last meal i had in denver was at sims landing. that place still around?

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2007, 09:20:30 PM »
last meal i had in denver was at sims landing. that place still around?

Absolutely!......G-O-O-D eats

http://www.simmslandingrestaurant.com/

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2007, 09:45:38 PM »
cool view of the skyline as well.

Offline flattop peterbilt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2007, 11:49:33 PM »
Well i understand the the theory behind what you say but i do have to make one rule that is overlooked...i am allergic to oinions...yes poor me i am a coonass and most meals contain them...lol but as far as sending a order back if it is of proper nature that you request do to these reasons i see no problems returning a order...but be nice the waiter just brought you the food they do not fix it...now fast food i won't leave till i check the order...and as far as my best place to eat ...in La. Boiling Point or O Charleys..they have the best two for one all day every day!!!!..in Tx..there is a hole in the wall BBQ place off Hwy 10 out side of Beaumont on the east bound side can't think of the name but you get what you pay for.....in GA...Carey Hilliards best damn sweet tea i ever had...
Life hands you four Aces bet high...life hands you four duces...call