Author Topic: Influence of Bald  (Read 2656 times)

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
Influence of Bald
« on: August 10, 2008, 05:12:18 PM »
So I have mentioned I work at a local pizzeria here in Louisville, KY. Well, a couple doors down from our storefront is an ice cream store. I am in there everyday buying bottled waters or little snacks or chit-hatting with with guys and gals that work there. The owner's son works there, and he's a cool cat. He was asking lots of questions about head shaving, but he's pretty young. I thought he was just curious, but I still shared with some enthusiasm.
It's been well over a month since I shaved my head bald...well today after I got done hanging out and racing some go-carts with the guys from work, I swung by to grab a water. Lo and behold, the cat's BALD!

We talked about it a bit, and I let him know it looked cool. He used clippers that were old to cut the hair down, and it took forever. Then he used scissors to cut it more. When it was finally pretty short he used the Headblade Sport, which I recommend to every single person who even shows the slightest curiosity about head-shaving around me. The only problem was when he cut his ear trying to get around it. Apparently it's a bad cut and it just wouldn't stop bleeding. I showed him how to hold the ear down to shave around it, and next time he should be good to go.
Well not only does he look good, but he feels great. He put some shades on and told me how bada$$ he feels with them on. haha It's cool. Feels good to have influenced a young guy into embracing the baldness. Now I just need to tell him about this site.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
Re: Influence of Bald
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 10:31:25 PM »
good recruiting J O0

keep up the good work brother O0

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 10:32:50 PM »
Good Work....
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 05:10:47 AM »
Way to go J, one convert at a time.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 06:39:32 AM »
Im also amazed at the number of fellows I grew up with in the 60s and 70s that mad fun of me then for having a crewcut that wear flat tops or crewcuts now. 

buuckkweet

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 07:20:33 AM »
Way to go JD!!! O0

teenthatshavessometimes

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 07:57:33 AM »
thats soooo awesome, how old is he?
wondering if hes my age:D
how long was his hair before?
GOOD WORK!