Author Topic: Just Did It  (Read 1913 times)

Offline AgentMichaelScarn

• Learning the way of Sly
Just Did It
« on: August 05, 2008, 08:50:28 PM »
Just completed shaving the dome for the very first time.  I have some red bumps around the crown and the back of the head, probably due to my inexperience.  I immediately used Neutrogena After Shave.  Anything else I should or shouldn't do?  Also, anyone have any advice regarding getting some color on the dome?  I'm Irish, so take that into consideration.  Thanks everyone.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Just Did It
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 09:06:42 PM »
Way ta go, Agent !!!

Welcome to SBG.

I referred to these for care of the scalp.

http://haircutsformen.org/buzz/pages/tipsshave.htm

http://www.a1-head-shaving.com/

You'll be pale up there for a spell...don't sweat it....and DO NOT try to tan up there all at once....just take your time a little at a time...being careful to take care of your skin.

Even self tanners don't take too well to the virgin scraped skin.....I'm Irish too and just nursed it a bit at a time.

You'll find a lot of good posts, encouragement and advice here, bro  O0

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 09:09:41 PM »
Congratulations there Agent on joining the sly brotherhood.  Robmeister gave you some great advice, just take it slow and easy on the tanning and it will look great.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline AgentMichaelScarn

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 09:19:09 PM »
Thanks guys.

Paul, I skipped the step you recommended of putting my head under cold water before putting on the aftershave.  I wanted to do it once I remembered, but I didn't want to potentially screw anything up.  I'll be sure to do it next time.

Seeing as this is the first time I shaved my head, when do you guys think is the best time for me to shave again?

Offline Kojack

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 09:44:38 PM »
The back of the neck is my worst area as well.
I expect over time it will toughen up.
I've been shaving just about everyday since I shaved it all off about a week and a half ago.  I did skip a day last week-end but for the most part it's everyday for me.
Remember to never take my advice seriously (unless I'm being serious) and you'll do alright.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 11:34:09 PM »

Seeing as this is the first time I shaved my head, when do you guys think is the best time for me to shave again?

In my case I started shaving every 2 days....I had some irritation from the 0 guard clip down, but wanted to shave immediately....it was a little sensitive, so I backed off and shaved skipped 2 days for a while....

didn't over-rake it, man..